Mid-Level Software Engineer (Signals Intelligence)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Mid-level Software Engineer to join the Argon ST group located in Fairfax, VA. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
In this position you will design and build Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) products for the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community and allied customers. Our products intercept Radio Frequency (RF) signals, apply signal processing algorithms, distribute the processed results and display it to operators. These systems are deployed to manned aircraft, unmanned aircraft, ships, submarines, and ground mobile platforms.
Our close-knit engineering teams collaborate on unique and novel solutions to complex problems. Software engineers participate in full life cycle software development tasks utilizing primarily Java and C++ programming languages. Our application development domain includes embedded control, digital signal processing, machine learning, enterprise applications, middleware and user interface development. Candidates have the ability to specialize in a single domain or cross-train. Our engineering teams participate in the entire product development life-cycle including requirements development, analysis, software design, coding, unit testing, integration, installation and maintenance. Our engineers develop new ideas based on technical and domain experience, and work in a multi-disciplinary environment to solve our customers' problems. If you're up for the challenge please apply today!
- Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system.
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Supports software project management functions.
- Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics.
- Troubleshoots software issues by demonstrating creative and critical thinking skills.
- Collaborates with teammates daily
- This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite in Fairfax, VA.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.An interim and/or final U.S.Top SecretclearancePost Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years' experience in Software Engineering utilizing technologies such as Java, C++, or Python
- 3+ years' experience in software development life cycles, configuration management and best agile software engineering practices
- 3+ years' experience developing, documenting and maintaining architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- 3+ years' experience designing and developing software for complex systems (i.e. Distributed Systems, Multi-Threaded and Multi-Process Applications, Client-server Architectures) and a solid foundation in computer science and software development
- 3+ years' experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
Preferred Qualifications (DesiredSkills/Experience):
- Experience in the SIGINT community
- Experience in User Interfaces and User Experience (UI/UX)
- Experience in real-time embedded software
- Experience in hardware - software integration of complex systems
- Current Top Secret SCI clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 3 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Travel: There is opportunity for travel, however not required
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.