12 weeks off with full pay for new parents for the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or placement of a foster child
Connecting thousands of women & allies, Boeing Women Inspiring Leadership is the largest employee-led Business Resource Group
Tuition reimbursement program offers generous funding to continue learning and developing your skills
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is currently responsible for delivering new capabilities to a variety of Defence customers, and as a result an exciting opportunity has become available to join the BDUK Architecture Team as a Network Architect based in Bristol, UK.
We are looking for Network Architect to join our team to help support a range of programmes to develop new capabilities for our customers. You will need to be able to demonstrate deep understanding and experience working on programmes in the Defence or similar environments
• To provide the Network Architecture focal for the Boeing Defence UK customer projects and programmes
• To provide Network Architecture design authority and governance for the Boeing Defence customer projects and programmes
• Definition, implementation, and execution of the processes for the definition, maintenance, and conformance management of programme network Architecture.
• Update and maintenance of the key programme Architecture deliverables.
• Establishment and maintenance of contacts within business units and information system programs to understand business activities and business drivers, business requirements, solutions strategies and alternatives, etc., being considered and/or implemented.
• Architectural leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues.
• Ongoing publicity and communication of the Network Architecture both within the information community, and the business units.
• Ongoing research and assessment of new analysis approaches for potential use within key programmes
• Communicating with business and technology leaders, both within and outside the organization
• Understanding the business needs for solutions
• Influencing the organization to accomplish goals and needs through architecture activities
• Being viewed as the trusted advisor to the organization
• Building an effective architecture organization
• Understanding developers needs in parallel with business needs
• Demonstrating abilities to derive, define, and explicitly represent various artifacts within The Enterprise Framework.
• Understanding the meanings and relationships between various models.
• Developing and maintaining project level and Enterprise level model consistency and integration
Education and Experience
• A proven track record of delivering highly complex network architecture designs and project artifacts within the UK Defence environment.
• Extensive experience in the application and exploitation of Cyber technologies in the Defence domain.
• Broad experience across IT systems and products, including both legacy and modern digital technologies & communication protocols.
• Experienced in CISCO SAFE, SASE and Zero Trust models
• Experience in applying consultancy approaches and techniques
• Experience of business case development and investment appraisal
• Experience of a range of delivery methods (waterfall, agile, DevOps, etc)
• Experience of legacy estate rationalisation
• Experience of working with external suppliers in a highly commercial environment
Important information regarding this requisition:
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security Clearance for which the UK Government requires UK residency. The successful candidate will hold, or have the ability to obtain, Security Clearance (SC).
All information will be checked and verified.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The story of our company is woven together from thousands of individual stories. We are engineers and technicians. Scientists and thinkers. Innovators and dreamers. Equity, diversity and inclusion are crucial to our company, our employees and our local communities. These foundational principles are how we collaborate to create the world’s most innovative aerospace products ...