Phantom Works Lead Systems Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Phantom Works is seeking a Lead Model Based Systems Engineering Architect in St. Louis, Missouri to lead MBSE architecture activities on critical Fixed Wing and Advanced Autonomy programs. On these fast paced, advanced design activities, the selected engineer will work within the Systems Engineering & Integration (SEIT) Team, partnering with Air Vehicle and Mission Systems Subject Matter Experts (SME) to lead the development of complex and highly integrated weapon systems while embracing the program's Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Digital Engineering strategy.
Phantom Works programs develop complex, highly integrated, advanced systems, enabling future growth for Boeing and our Department of Defense (DoD) Customers. Individuals that aspire to lead technical teams, drive innovation, and take action to solve challenging problems, while shaping the future are ideal candidates for these positions.
Seeking technical leaders that possess the following tenets in alignment with the Phantom Works culture:
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Eager to lead & take action
- Set high standards for themselves and others
- Passionately honor commitments
- Strive to be the best while developing the best in others
- Deliver results to achieve the unthinkable!
If selected for this position you will lead architecture development and implementation of Model Based Systems Engineering for Air Vehicle and Advanced Mission Systems development. The ability to work in a collaborative team environment across sites and engineering disciplines to enable and execute challenging tasks in a MBSE environment will be imperative to this on-site role. The selected engineer will work in a fast paced, innovative environment where excellent technical, organizational, leadership, written, verbal, and active listening communications skills are essential.
Key responsibilities in this position will include:
- Lead Air Vehicle and Advanced Mission Systems Architecture development
- Creating Interface Control Documents (ICDs) for external and internal interfaces
- Lead alignment of Weapon System Requirements to the Systems Architecture including the development, derivation, and integration of advanced system requirements to lower levels of the system.Analyze and assess impacts of requirements changes and impact to meeting key objectives.
- Lead and author verification planning activities including identification of verification methods, development of verification plans for analysis, inspections, demonstrations, simulations, and test for the weapons system and lower level systems
- Lead the development of airworthiness and certification planning activities
As a Lead Systems Architect on one of these Fixed Wing or Advanced Autonomy programs, you will spearhead the effort to fully embrace Digital Engineering and integrate system architecture and design products/processes in Model Based Engineering across the program bringing together Model Based Systems Engineering, Model Based Design, Model Based Manufacturing, and Model Based Testing activities. You will be responsible for ownership of analysis and impacts to the Weapon System architecture and design across product lifecycle phases. Frequent interaction with senior leadership, customers and industry partners during critical design phases will be key elements of this position
Creativity, empowerment, multi-disciplinary engineering experience, analytical and problem solving abilities, and strong interpersonal skills will enable you to make a difference in this exciting role!
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.). Investigation type and last investigation date must be visible on resume.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience involving system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, ICD development, integrated design, analysis, and verification.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools, such as CAMEO, CORE/GENESYS, or similar Systems Modeling Language (SysML)-compatible tool for systems architecture and model development.
- 5+ years of experience involving Model Based Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques across engineering disciples
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Experience with advanced fixed wing aircraft, autonomy, or mission systems development efforts.
- Experience leading systems engineering efforts supporting major program milestone reviews and proposal efforts
- Breadth of experience across domains and life cycle phases
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidate.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.