Product Repair / Mod Technician
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is looking for Product Repair/Mod Technicians to join our dynamic team in Heath, OH.
- Assists with disassembly of systems components to support the correction of failures or implement changes.
- Assists with basic troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Fabricates and modifies aerospace products according to specifications.
- Assists with performs tasks associated with the safe handling of a simple aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations).
- Perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. critical lifts, system operations)
- Works under supervision.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location option.
This Position is for 1st shift for training, then it may move to 2nd or 3rd shift.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S.
Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1 or more years of experience working with tools and following work instructions.
- Willingness to work with beryllium and/or other chemical elements.
- Willingness to work any shift as required.
- Basic computer skills required including Microsoft Office applications
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Some experience in the inspection of parts, components, assemblies or units.
- 1 or more years soldering experience and assembly of equipment.
- 1 or more years of experience using hand held tools and/or hand-held power tools
- Read and understand basic engineering drawings and specifications
- 1 or more years of experience working under a microscope.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. high school diploma/GED).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.