Production Controller (Apache)
Middle Wallop, United Kingdom
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This role will be key to the effective functioning of Apacheproduction support at Middle Wallop (the UK Apache Training Base). The post will control unit fleet planning, match resourcesto demand to helpgenerate sufficient serviceable AH-64E aircraft to meet the required outputs of the Operational Conversion Unit (OCU). In time, this post will also co-ordinate aircraft into, and out of, the Fleet Support Facility (FSF).
Acting as an essential link between Operations Managers and the aircraft maintenance Team Leaders, this post requires highly developed maintenance planning skills, engineering awareness and personal qualities. The post will require an ability to rapidly assess data and requirements, plus sound engineering and aircraft maintenance knowledge, in order to develop effective and efficient maintenance planning solutions.
- In close co-operation with the Operations Managers and Team Leads, planning, organising and controlling the scheduled and corrective maintenance of Apache AH-64E aircraft within the Supporting Pool (SP).
- In close co-operation with the Operations Managers and Section/Departmental Leads, planning, controlling and co-ordinating the off-aircraft maintenance of Ground Support Equipment (GSE), aircraft role equipment and aircraft armament.
- In close co-operation with the Tool Issue Centre Lead/Government Furnished equipment (GFE) Controller, providing oversight of the calibration processes for Government-furnished tooling and Support and Test Equipment (S&TE).
- Developing and maintainingindividual aircraft maintenance plans and schedules for aircraft in the Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) and the Fleet Support Facility (FSF).
- In close co-ordination with Boeing and Customer managers and the Joint Fleet Planning (JFP) Team, developing, maintaining and acting as Custodian for, the OCU and FSF Maintenance Man-hour and Hangar Visit Plans.
- Deputising for the OCUOperations Manager as directed.
- In close co-operation with the Engineering Data Cell, using Technical Data Exploitation (TDE) or other analysis to develop and refine OCU and FSF maintenance plans.
- Undertaking other tasks on behalf OCU and FSF managers as required.
- Acting as the main liaison between the OCU and Part M MilCAM functions as required.
- Significant experience of maintenance planning, scheduling and control.
- Possession of, or working towards, a degree-level qualification OR equivalent vocational qualifications, plus relevant experience.
- Rotorcraft maintenance planning experience within the UK MAE.
- Familiarity with the UK Apache AH Mk1 or the Apache AH-64E.
- Registration with a Professional Engineering Institution at an appropriate grade would be desirable.
- Significant experience of maintenance planning, scheduling and control in the UK Military Air Environment (MAE).
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.