12 weeks off with full pay for new parents for the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or placement of a foster child
Connecting thousands of women & allies, Boeing Women Inspiring Leadership is the largest employee-led Business Resource Group
Tuition reimbursement program offers generous funding to continue learning and developing your skills
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Reporting to the BDUK System Safety and Environmental Engineering (SSEE) Manager and supporting the Safety and Environmental Technical Leads, this role provides the link the SSEE team to the Business Management and commercial team for Bids, proposals and support to research and development activities and includes the coordination and maintenance of the Safety and Environmental processes. This role fits in with a larger System Safety Team that cover a wide range of programmes from Autonomous Systems, Rotary and Fixed Wing Aircraft, Land based Systems, Information Systems and Research and Development. We offer a supportive career opportunity to enable growth and progression (and movement between programmes) that rewards excellence and fosters an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged. This role can be based at Bristol, Milton Keynes or Yeovil with hybrid working options.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the coordination of BIDs and BoE generation within the System Safety and Environment Engineering Department and contribute to the development of safety engineering strategy across the research and development activities within BDUK. They will also coordinate the bid processing across all programmes and support the Lead engineers on each programme in generating bid submissions and BoEs to enable appropriate and timely responses to the Business Development and commercial Departments.
Another key element of the role will be to ensure there are generic and programme specific processes that define the activities being performed in the Safety and Environmental department and provide additional support to the wider Safety and Environmental Department team in the development of Safety and Environmental artefacts for system and in-service activities for the UK MoD customer.
The role has the following key responsibilities:
1. In consultation with the Technical Lead Engineers and System Safety Manager, Lead the development of the system safety research within BDUK.
2. Assist and lead the Safety and Environmental BID and Proposal submissions that includes the planning and support for Safety and Environmental activities. These include:
3. Coordinate the development of the safety and environmental processes within the department and contribute to their generation and maintenance.
4. Capture and present the programmatical activities across all the Safety and Environmental Department to formulate the bigger picture view to enable the leadership team to coordinate resourcing moves.
5. Provide programmatic coordination to Safety and Environmental programmes.
6. Review each programme to ensure that they are following the schedule CDRL submissions and help develop strategies for timely and accurate delivery.
7. Assist with the liaison of Boeing, customer and supplier technical disciplines to ensure appropriate evidence is available to support the Safety and Environmental Management strategy.
The role has the following secondary responsibilities:
1. Assist and coordinate the development of the Safety and Environmental processes with the Technical Lead Engineers (TLEs) and Programme Safety Leads.
2. Contribute to the Safety and Environmental Programmes to assist in the following activities :
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which UK residency is required
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The story of our company is woven together from thousands of individual stories. We are engineers and technicians. Scientists and thinkers. Innovators and dreamers. Equity, diversity and inclusion are crucial to our company, our employees and our local communities. These foundational principles are how we collaborate to create the world’s most innovative aerospace products ...