Senior DevOps Toolchain Application Administrator
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
TheBoeing Information Technology& Data Analytics organization isseekingaSenior-Level DevSecOps Specialist to help us take our game to the next level. We are currently looking for talented individuals to help us stand up our new software development tool chain in AWS Gov Cloud.
In this role, you will be a part of the Boeing Enterprise transformation of DevSecOps across the company. The successful candidate will lead in the design and implementation of our cloud solution and maintain a modern system deployment to the cloud environment with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows for system build, test and deploy. We operate as a fast-paced agile team and are interested in candidates who have proven skills in DevOps, Cloud environments, software development and system automation. Come join us and be a part of our exciting future!
Position location can be in; Kent, WA, Hazelwood, MO; Charleston, SC, Seal Beach, CA; Irving, TX and Seattle, WA.
- Leads analysis, design, develop and implementation activities to install, configure and maintain infrastructure, software and components in cloud platform utilizing everything as code, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration as Code (CaC), for deployments.
- Leads activities to ensure alignment of use cases and objectives with architecture and security.
- Develops guidelines and best practices for cloud-oriented development & implementations
- Provides guidance and direction to cloud developers and administrators
- Troubleshoots application deployment issues
Research/analyze issues (such as application integration, performance etc.) and provide recommendations and resolution
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
- 5 years development experience using Git (or similar technology)
- 2 plus years of experience deploying web applications (COTS or custom-built) into various environments such as development, test/QA, production
- 3 plus years leading development projects or operations teams
- 3 years' experience using Agile or SAFe methodology
- 2 plus years hands on experience with Containers
- Hands on experience with Ansible
- Hands on experience with AWS Cloud technologies
Hands on experience with Kubernetes and Openshift
- AWS Certification (Certified Developer Associate, Solutions Architect Associate, Cloud Practitioner)
- Experience in deploying, administering, maintaining and upgrading one or more of these applications: Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, or JFrog Artifactory
- 3 plus years' experience with automation and provisioning of cloud environments
- Hands on experience in AWS services e.g. VPC, IAM, EC2, Auto-scaling, ELB, ECR, S3, DynamoDB, Postgres (RDS), Lambda, SQS, SNS, RDS, VPC, Route 53, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, AWS Config, Cloudtrail, AWS Developer Tools etc.
- Experience leading AWS solutions design and deployment of enterprise-scale applications
Experience developing guidelines and best practices for cloud-oriented development & implementations including containers and container orchestration
Define and enforce AWS Well-Architected pillars: operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization
Provide expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security and product security
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.