Senior Embedded Networking Software Engineer
El Segundo, CA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Contingent Upon Award:
This position is contingent upon award
- Responsible for full life-cycle development including requirements analysis, software architecture, designs, coding, unit test, integration and formal qualification of embedded networking software.
- Experience in analyzing system requirements and decomposing them to software requirements.
- Ability to take requirements and define a software system architecture.
- Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in requirements, design and code reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
- Must be able to interact well with System Engineers/Analyst as well other members of the Integrated Product Team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience in presenting at program major reviews as well as lead the technical contents of all software technical documents.
- Familiarity with formal development process and current software engineering topics is highly desired.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years' experience architecture and requirements development for network-centric, software intensive systems
- 5+ years' experience leading teams for software &/or systems engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Successfully completed single scope background investigation (SSBI)
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree
- Experience working with system/subsystem engineers
- Experience working with external software suppliers
- Experience integrating large scale software systems.
- Experience working in a classified environment and compliant with TOR standards.
- Familiarity with real-time embedded software development that includes requirements analysis through Formal Qualification.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.