Senior Financial Analyst
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space and Security (BDS) is looking formultiple highly motivated Senior Financial Analysts to join the Finance Team in Huntsville, Alabama.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will provide cost management and financial analysis for the Missile and Weapons Systems (MWS) portfolio.To be a part of this team you must have the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, work with complex financial information, translate strategy into actions, be on the forefront of functional strategic direction and alignment, and work alongside our senior leaders.
- Develops, reviews, analyzes and maintains cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including earned value, and variance analyses and communicates cost and/or schedule trends to Program and Finance leadership
- Make recommendations to management on financial performance projections using financial and business knowledge and experience
- Develop resource forecasts and/or Estimates at Completion (EACs) for Control Accounts, budgets, functions or pools, contracts or programs
- Support Long Range Business Planning (LRBP)
- Support Financial Controls and CORE activities
- Partner with other members of the Finance team, Engineering, Scheduling and Operations
- Support monthly customer deliverables, program reviews and other meetings as required
- Articulate financial analysis summaries to varied audiences
- Analysis identify trends, track costs to budget, manage cash flow, synthesize and prioritize info to senior management
- Compile data from multiple sources and develops performance reports
- Initiate variance analyses and provides understanding of operational and financial performance to management
- Provide daily and weekly cost reporting utilizing Earned Value Management
- Participate and support Affordability initiatives and exercises
- Regularly review performance and ensure that robust variance analysis is completed, including engaging with key stakeholders to understand cost trends, root causes, and performance enablers
- Champion process improvements, including utilization of predictive data analytics, and Production Finance best practices from across the enterprise.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the Financial Operations team
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in a finance related position such as Financial Operations, Material Cost Management, Accounting, Estimating, Financial Planning, or Procurement Financial Analysis (PFA)
- 3+years of experience collecting and interpreting data
- Experience with the Microsoft Excel application using: formulas, VLookups, pivot tables, charts, filters, and linking worksheets
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- 3+ years of experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
- 3+years of experience performing Estimates at Completion (EACs)
- 3+ years of experience providing briefings to senior and/or executive level management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills, balancing multiple priorities
- Possess a positive work attitude with strong leadership skills while working in a team environment
- Experience with Financial processes and systems (CSPR, ReMICS, COGNOS, PMAS)
- Proven ability to handle competing priorities while providing level-headed decision making during unexpected events
- Desire to understand the business (intellectual curiosity) and gain product knowledge
- Develops, reviews, analyzes and maintains cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including earned value, and variance analyses and communicates cost and/or schedule trends
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively across functions
- Experience in leading teams and/or projects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.