Senior High Fidelity Digital Twin Technical Leader
Huntington Beach, CA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
As part of Disruptive Computing & Networks (DC&N), this position provides direct support of high fidelity digital twins which is a rapidly growing segment of the Boeing Company. Specifically this role will function as a subject matter expert, act as a mentor, and provide technical leadership for activities related to the development of virtual machines, emulations, models, and immersive development technologies.
High fidelity digital twins support all aspects of product life cycle from concept to development to deployment. This position provides the opportunity to work on commercial and defense products and it will help define the future of digital twins at the Boeing Company.
To be successful in this position the candidate should have extensive experience with software development, computer architecture, and technical leadership. The optimal candidate works well with a team, has great communication skills, and is a self-starter. Experience with virtualization, embedded systems, networking, and game engines is a plus.
The candidate should enjoy working collaboratively with others, has a commitment to customer satisfaction and process improvement, and is successful working in a multi-program environment. They will support the development of solutions to a wide range of complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. They should be adaptable to new development environments and eager to work with and learn new technologies.
- Software development subject matter expert
- Provide technical leadership for activities related to the development of virtual machines, emulations, models, and immersive development technologies
- Process improvement
This position requires the ability to obtain US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with C and C++ coding, debug, and development
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- BSCE or BSEE with strong software background or BSCS with some hardware background
- Experience with computer architecture and knowledge of computer hardware architecture to the component level
- Ability to work across the hardware-software boundary
- Some background in aircraft avionics
- Experience with MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, and Ethernet communication protocols
- Experience in Git, Jira and with software development in Visual Studio
- Experience in Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems
- Hands on experience in Virtualization technologies, e.g. VMware, QEMU
- Experience with Cloud Computing, e.g. Azure, AWS, and containers
- Some Experience with DevOps techniques
- Experience with game engines, e.g. Unreal and Unity
- Be able to work independently or as part as a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Relocation: Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for first shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.