Senior ILS Practitioner
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
RAAF Base Amberley
Engineering / Technical
GL.G4.GLD_Lvl_3_Support_Planning_Mgmt_Spec.pdf (PDF, 103KB)
Full or Part-time position
Located in Brisbane
As one of the country's leading and preferred defence partners, Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) develops and sustains leading edge technologies for some of Australia's largest and most complex defence projects.
BDA is undergoing significant growth and is looking for passionate Senior Integrated Logistics Support professionals to join our team. We are on the lookout for motivated self-starters who are interested in working collaboratively across an interdisciplinary and multinational team on cutting edge systems, developing new technologies in support of Australia's growing defence capability.
As a key member of our Speciality Engineering Capability, you will Influence the supportability design activities being undertaken to execute our projects. You will perform technical reviews developing plans, strategies and technical documentation that meet end user support requirements.
A Boeing Senior ILS Practitioner may be required to:
- Contribute to the development of Product Support strategy's and plans to meet the contracted requirements across all Support System Constituent Capabilities.
- Conduct Logistics Support Analysis Activities across the scope of Mission and Support Systems to ensure supportability considerations form an integral part of design.
- Record the data related outcomes of Logistics Support Analysis activities in a DEF(AUST) 5692 compliant Logistics Support Analysis Record
REPRESENTATIVE MAJOR TASKS
A Boeing Senior ILS Practitioner may be required to perform the following tasks in accordance with program plans:
- Support the development and review of ILS engineering processes and procedures for the program
- Conduct Configuration, Role and Environment analysis of Mission Systems and their components.
- Conduct Support System Impact Analysis as a result of the introduction of new systems, new equipment or changes.
- Identify and classify LSA Candidate Items (CItems).
- Conduct Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM).
- Level of Repair Analysis (LORA).
- Conduct Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA).
- Conduct Spares range, quantity and standardisation analysis.
- Conduct Support & Test Equipment (S&TE) range, quantity and standardisation analysis.
- Excellent communication skills that enable you to influence outcomes in a team environment
- A continuous improvement mindset
- An understanding of lifecycle cost impacts, design change and design influence factors that affect supportability of products or services
- Experience in evaluation of engineering designs for supportability of multiple equipment subsystems
- Trade or diploma qualification in an engineering or bachelor degree in a related technical discipline
- Experience in the use of supportability design modelling tools would be highly regarded.
Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet defence security requirements.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.