Senior Mechanical Supervisor (Apache)
Middle Wallop, United Kingdom
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This role will provide direct supervision of Mechanical trade tasks and personnel and co-ordination ofrelevant technical documentation as part of on-aircraft maintenance support at the UK Apache Operational Conversion Unit (OCU), located at the Training Base at Middle Wallop.
Candidate must be experienced in the maintenance, modification and repair of aircraft, and aircraft components within their trade including independent inspections and co-ordination of documentation. Previous experience in leadership, supervision and control of technical staff is necessary AH64 type course is desirable. The role requires an individual with good communication skills, with the ability to distribute and sequence technical work requirements to their team, controlling demanding workloads, whilst delivering to a high standard, and maintaining schedule. Candidate must be capable of understanding and interpreting technical documents, drawings and associated publications. Possess a working knowledge of MAA Regulatory Articles (RA), MAA Regulatory Publication (MRP) Part 145, aviation Quality Assurance (QA) and Safety Management System (SMS) and the application of these requirements within their area of accountability, responsibility and authority. They will supervise maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and carry out disturbed system functional tests.
The role will supervise technicians to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling, maintenance, modification and flight test. Candidate will be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance. Candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision with limited direction.
- Leads the assembly disassembly and modification of systems by overseeing the change removal replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes
- Oversees assembly disassembly or overhaul. Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment
- Directs troubleshooting of complex pneumatic hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components
- Oversees validation/verification testing of systems and components
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g. repairs test results applicable modifications and inspection results)
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Leads and supervises others to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing and system operations).
- Provides training and mentors others. Works under minimal direction.
- The direct supervision and/or conduct of Mechanical trade tasks on the Apache AH-64E in accordance with the Air System Document Set (ADS), Military Aviation Authority (MAA) Regulatory Publications (MRP) and the BDUK Operations Manual.
- Exercising maintenance responsibilities in accordance with issued Authorisations.
- Exercising personal responsibility for safety, quality, integrity, Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention and tool control/accountability.
- Leading and supervising others working in teams/shifts.
- Undertaking shift working in support of the Operational Conversion Unit (OCU) Flying Programme (FLYPRO) as required.
- Under the direction of the Ground Crew Team, assisting in the conduct of aircraft ground movement and safety tasks.
- Assuming responsibility for assigned secondary duties.
- Conducting other duties and tasks that may be assigned by Team Leads and/or Operations management.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- Experience supervising a team of aircraft technicians
- Experience conducting independent technical inspections
- Experience in a UK military air environment (MAE)
- A technical or vocational qualification at UK NQF Level 3 or higher
- Registration with a Professional UK body as an Engineering Technician would be appropriate for this role
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.