Senior Passive Microwave Device (PMD) Specialist
El Segundo, CA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Senior Passive Microwave Device (PMD) Specialist to serve as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead located in El Segundo, California.
This individual will have oversight and management responsibility including weekly, monthly and quarterly performance management & reporting for assigned PMD project(s) in support of organizational the goals and objectives.
- Leads others and directs all phases of Passive Microwave Device (PMD) design, development and execution
- Demonstrates proficiency in all project management areas in accordance with accepted project management standards in the industry (e.g., PMI, Project Management Body of Knowledge PMBOK, ANSI, and ISO standards).
- Communicates project requirements, goals and execution plans to the engineering team, supplier management and suppliers.
- Identifies key stakeholder project specific objectives and requirements.
- Ensures assigned individuals are executing the identified and assigned tasks and providing appropriate tracking and reporting per plan.
- Provides in-depth analysis of project culminating with lessons learned and historical reports for incorporation into future project plans.
- Provides assessment of team performance to appropriate management.
- Develops solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation, as well as driving to closure all Failure Review Boards.
- Provides in depth analysis; identify lessons learned, provide historical reports to incorporate into future project plans.
- Provides input of team member performance to management, where appropriate.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite in El Segundo, California.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A final Tier 5 (T5) Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of RF/Microwave electronics design and RF/Microwave test
- Minimum 3 years of experience in creating and managing project plans, schedules, and baselines
- Minimum 3 years of experience doing business and working with international suppliers
- Experience dealing with government, company, and local policies, procedures, and regulations (e.g., Estimating system manual, FAR, DFAR, TINA, ITAR, Procurement integrity, Export Compliance) related to the development of cost proposals
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Extensive experience in the design, development and project execution of Passive Microwave Devices (PMD)
- Technically knowledgeable in all aspects of PMD design & layout
- Able to clearly communicate project requirements, goals and execution plans to the engineering team, supplier management and suppliers
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift. The El Segundo site is on a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.