Senior Spacecraft Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer
El Segundo, CA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense and Space Systems is growing in the area of spacecraft Guidance Navigation and Control (GN&C) system design, development, integration and test and is looking for motivated and talented Senior Spacecraft Guidance Navigation and Control Engineers to join the Boeing team in this exciting business area located in El Segundo, CA.
Selected candidates will work on a range of spacecraft programs and will develop state of the art navigation and guidance algorithms, create integrated GN&C systems, perform mission planning and analysis, execute system performance analyses and implement simulation solutions to support our customers.
- Lead and define Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C), mission or trajectory requirements, ensure requirements traceability and quality from the system level to component level, resolve requirements issues across program elements
- Lead mission planning and analyses to define spacecraft trajectories and performance requirements
- Develop and integrate navigation & guidance algorithms to support mission and trajectory needs
- Create models, simulations and tools to support GN&C system development and analysis
- Design, analyze and guide others in the development of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems, simulations, models, tools and analysis techniques
- Perform a wide variety of complex trade studies to identify and recommend solutions to problems and issues
- Lead the definition of requirements compliance processes and certification criteria and methods
- Lead others in design reviews, analyses, simulations and component / system testing to ensure delivery of products that meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations
- Assure timely, cost effective solutions for program and engineering issues, present recommendations and implementation status to leadership and customers
- Lead, organize and resolve cross-divisional problems
- Lead new business development efforts and the definition of technology roadmaps
- Work under consultative supervision, coach other engineers and leaders
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
BasicQualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 10 years or more experience with spacecraft system design, development, test and evaluation
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 4 years or more experience with Systems Engineering
- Experience in computer programming using C, C++, C#, Ada or other engineering programming languages
- Experience with simulation and / or system/component modeling
- Experience with implementing algorithms in real time systems
- Experience in working agile model based system engineering environment
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and UML/SysML
- Experience leading the development of Guidance Navigation and Control Systems
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Standard relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.