Senior Subcontracts Specialist
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
HA.AC.H12_Lvl_3_Procurement_Agent.pdf (PDF, 116KB)
We have an opportunity for a Senior Subcontracts Specialistto support continuing growth experienced within Boeing Defence Australia. The successful candidate will join the Sourcing & Partnering team forming part of the Supply Chain Management capability and draw from previous relevant experience to ensure effective market engagement and management of subcontracts.
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships and drive outcomes to deliver procurement strategies and priorities.
- Lead the execution, tasking and delivery of large work packages to achieve efficient and on-time delivery of campaign and program milestones.
- Conduct complex market engagement activities (RFx) to identify and select qualified subcontractors.
- Lead negotiations of subcontract agreements, including reviewing and drafting contractual terms and conditions.
- Proactive contract management to ensure the delivery of subcontractor obligations over the program term.
- Support the effective management of contract performance through relevant supplier relationship management frameworks.
- Lead engage with large multi-national and local SME suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Coordinate and facilitate with Functional, Technical, Commercial and Legal stakeholders.
- Ensure supplier activities are compliant with applicable regulatory trade control (export-import) requirements.
- Participate in the development of process improvement initiatives and value for money opportunities.
- Proven experience of pre and post-award subcontract management in a project environment (Defence industry experience is desirable)
- Demonstrated leadership and stakeholder management to drive outcomes
- Tertiary Education in Commerce, Law or Business or relevant experience (MCIPS preferred)
- High level competency in written and oral communication and standard business tools and systems
- An enthusiasm for working with suppliers and identifying new opportunities and relationships
- The ability to work with cross functional teams
- The ability to work autonomously to see projects and opportunities through to completion
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.