Software Application Developer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Digital Solutions is currently looking for Software Application Developers to join the Jeppesen Distribution Manager (JDM) team in Englewood, CO. This product manages and distributes critical navigation charts and data to tens of thousands of aircraft operators around the world. This position will focus on extending, evolving, and supporting JDM. Successful candidates will drive the daily execution of product development in an Agile environment. We seek candidates with diverse skills in software development, test automation, DevSecOps, and Agile methodologies.
As a member of the JDM team, you will be involved in the entire software development life cycle, from idea creation and development, to maintenance and support of the deployed system. This position will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to have a major impact on the service provided to our global customers, and to enable the rest of the development team to advance the product. The JDM team offers a collaborative environment where you have the opportunity to learn from or lead others.
- Develop, improve, and maintain the JDM client applications (Windows/Mac/iOS)
- Maintain and evolve the JDM infrastructure (AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, YAML, JSON)
- Drive toward the use of cloud-native services and capabilities
- Contribute to software design and architecture documentation
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery within a CI/CD pipeline
- Agile development within a cross-discipline, global team
- Exercise critical thinking and innovative problem solving
- Demonstrate the Boeing Behaviors in a deliberate and observable way
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
BasicQualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree
- 3+ years of experience in full-stack web development experience or building installable applications
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework or Agile methodologies
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience developing software products in a cloud computing environment, preferably with Amazon AWS
- Experience and versatility with multiple development environments (Windows/Mac/iOS/Linux)
- Experience using application lifecycle management tools such as Jira/Jama/Confluence
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- 2+ years of experience working with API / back-end code in one or more languages
- Relational database experience, e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements. Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $76,800.00$142,740.00
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.