Supply Base Management Specialist (Mid-Level)
Ridley Park, PA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) is seeking a Mid-Level Supply Base Management Specialist to join the Ridley Park, PA Fabrication Center of Excellence Supply Chain Business organization. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a high level of supplier management expertise and a proven track record in the ability to work cross-functionally while coordinating program issues and resolutions. The selected applicant will support the Supply Chain Business team activities associated with the Philadelphia Fabrication Composites Center.
- Develops and/or participates in the implementation of supply base plans to support customer, program and commodity strategies, including affordability.
- Ensures supply base support of program development activities by coordinating with contracting teams and/or suppliers.
- Assists in development of supplier mitigation plans.
- Identifies and participate in supplier related business improvement activities.
- Build strong relationships with internal customers and drive positive business results.
- Statuses supply chain metrics to program leadership as well as corrective actions/get to green plans.
- Supports program PBOM activities and/or approvals.
- Coordinates with contracting teams and/or supply base to provide buy part availability status to stakeholders.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. **US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.**
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- More than 3 years of experience with MRP (Material Requirements Planning).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- More than 5 years of experience in supplier management or supply chain management.
- More than 5 years of experience managing suppliers/vendors to deliver products and services.
- More than 5 years of experience in root cause analysis and Corrective action.
- More than 3 years of experience with proposal development and contract negotiations.
- More than 1 year of experience with various contract types for example: Time & Materials, Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus type Government contracts, etc.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
**Drug Free Workplace:**
Boeingis a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.