Tool and Equipment Engineer-3
New Orleans, LA
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense & Space (BDS) is currently looking for aMid LevelEquipment & Tool Engineerto join theSpace Launch Systems team located in New Orleans, LA.The ideal candidate will have an equipment and tool background
- Develop program and project requirements, develops highly complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions, including alternatives for the Production System
- Validate analysis of technical data, influences product engineering design and makes robotics, automation or technical recommendations to support production system integration for aerospace products
- Lead the creation and modification of equipment and tooling definition at the program level
- Execute project plans, provides input to Make/Buy decisions and partners with Procurement to meet program schedule, cost and quality targets
- Ensure compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements
- Lead gated reviews and develops plans for production readiness, preventative maintenance and spares
- Validate contractual performance milestones
- Develop and implement workarounds and maintains configuration of hardware, software and documentation
- Conduct studies and make recommendation for disposition of assets
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. US Person includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.****
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree required from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry is required
- 3or more years of extensive experience with integrating complex systems and tooling
- 3or more years of experience with tool design
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- 3 or more years of experience in ground support equipment and/or tooling engineering
- 3 or more years of experience operating computing equipment to access job information (e.g., drawings, specifications and other online information systems)
- Experience using a CAD System (Creo, CATIA, etc.)
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a non-union position.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.