Our ideal candidate has an excellent eye for detail, pragmatic approach and an absolute commitment to making sure features are well implemented and bug free. We make all of our decisions based on experiments and testing, so you should be excited by taking a data-led approach to development. If you believe you're also a passionate advocate for the user, and are looking to work in an agile, collaborative environment then we would like to hear from you!
Android Software Engineer II in Trips Horizontals
The Android Engineer within the Trips Horizontals solves customer and partner pain points to enable connected trip experience with the best and most efficient technical solutions. You will have an opportunity to work with a mult-idisciplinary environment on features that span across the multiple funnels and products like accommodations, flights, cars, taxi, attractions and more.
As an Android Software Engineer II, you will be building customer-focused and scalable native mobile experience in https://Booking.com's Android app and be responsible for monitoring and addressing performance and security. You will work side-by-side with designers, product owners, copywriters and other developers to create new features, test your own ideas, and push changes live for billions of users. You will:
- You will be involved in the development of new features, collaborating with other native Android developers.
- You will collaborate with the rest of the Trip Horizontals team in order to create a seamless experience across mobile platforms.
- Ensure the utmost high quality of the https://Booking.com app in production, by monitoring crashes, firefighting incidents, solving complex bugs, etc, and leading incident investigation if necessary.
- Identify, foster, and proactively help colleagues grow professionally, taking a significant role in on-boarding new team members;
- Continuously improve services you own making them more performant, and utilising resources in the most optimised way;
- Ensure that the Trip Horizontals Android products and new features are always kept up-to-date with the latest technology standards and department guidelines.
- Ensure that service-level-agreements for test coverage and quality are met by implementing tests and processes.
- Perform profiling to find bottlenecks and optimise performance, and ensure that performance metrics are set up and monitored for app health.
- Able to connect business and product goals to complex technical tasks.
- Solve issues prioritising based on customer impact.
- Collaborate with app developers, backend developers, product owners, and quality specialists, to constantly improve customer experience within the app platform.
- Contribute to https://Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
We expect our developers to know the ins and outs of the Android framework and to deliver polished products that customers want to use. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, initiate solutions and discussions and are not afraid of solving challenges due to our large scale.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with Java and/or Kotlin and other languages.
- At least 1 year of this experience must be from working with the Android SDK.
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments.
- Excellent degree of communication skills - Being able to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player.
- Fully comfortable working in English, both in writing and spoken.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Google Play Store & Apps Distribution Process.
- An approved Play Store app.
- Experience with server-driven UI framework development.
- Experience working with A/B testing.
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe;
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide;
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture;
- Opportunity to utilise technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions;
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation;
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of https://Booking.com.
**Pre- Employment Screening:
**If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.