The Group Product Manager uses their own strength in product craft as well as their experience managing other PMs & leading others to inspire and lead multiple cross-functional product development teams. This role will define product strategy and roadmap, lead a team of product managers across multiple closely coupled initiatives and individually contribute to complete key projects. They translate business needs into product roadmaps that incorporate appropriate qualitative and quantitative research and collaborator input. A Group Product Manager is expected to be an expert at their craft, they have a deep knowledge of their focus areas, can autonomously lead their team(s) and actively work to contribute beyond their core scope both in terms of strategy as well as craft. This is a managerial role supported by a Director of Product or other Business Unit Leader, where it is possible to learn and be mentored by others to learn the skills, acquire the experience, and grow through a development plan to become an expert leader in product management.
About the Accommodation Reservation track:
Reservation track: this part of the organization is devoted to building the foundation of the https://Booking.com multi vertical experience. It will do so leveraging the most modern technologies and tech principles. This is a multi year investment that will change how https://Booking.com will operate. We are also committed to enable hundreds of teams and stakeholders to support the company vision of a modern, scalable and secure technological ecosystem.
Key Job Responsibilities and duties
- Influence decision-making at all levels of the company. Create product vision, strategy, and roadmaps that identify areas where improvement is needed; and capitalize on unmet opportunities, via concrete product initiatives.
- Be deeply committed to solving customer problems and finding opportunities to better our experience. Collecting data as necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intelligence, or other business metrics. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Build roadmaps, define success metrics for new and existing initiatives, and track them on a regular basis to ensure that all projects and existing functionality are moving towards our defined goals.
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritization framework that facilitates transparent and simple decision-making on priorities and sequencing to increase impact on customer needs, product quality, business value while balancing technical feasibility.
- Responsible for ensuring a high quality user experience with our products by applying technical awareness and understanding of technical risks.
- Support and justify the chosen technical solutions and build a bridge between technical and non technical collaborators by ensuring the technical feature development and strategy are scoped to satisfy the short and long term needs of the business.
- Responsible for cross track collaboration and strategic track support of critical initiatives. • Responsible for company wide communication of track goals, learnings, and aspirations. • Responsible for delivering best-in-class experiences that meet and exceed what our customers and partners expect from https://Booking.com
- Manage a team of Product Managers to develop requirements, specifications, and work with engineering to deliver enhancements to our consumer experience.
- Responsible for understanding the strengths, development areas, and challenges for each person on their team and providing regular constructive feedback.
- Ensures every report has the appropriate structure and tools in place to allow them to grow in the career and improve upon their areas of growth. (eg. Regular 1on1s, development plans, mentors, coaching, etc)
- Inspire and drive a cross-functional team to SMART qualitative objectives and quantitative goals • Seeks and remains open to feedback from direct and indirect stakeholders to continuously improve leadership skills.
- Act as an expert in craft and responsible for growth and performance management of direct reports (graduate/JPM/PM/SPM)
- Actively participate in product networks and the craft community outside of their own track. • Contributing and leading the craft community and company wide efforts where needed (https://e.g. recruitment activity generating leads, doing phone interviews)
- Proactively invests time and energy into improving Product Management as a craft in https://Booking.com
- Expert Problem Solver - Ability to identify and analyze complex issues, problems or opportunities to achieve effective solutions, by applying structured thinking and breaking them down into component parts to form a logical train of thought that can be easily followed and understood by others.
- Creativity and curiosity - A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Expert communication skills - Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various collaborators, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Expert analytical skills - Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills - Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies is highly preferred.
- Ability to thrive and work in a fast-paced, results drive environment with multiple responsibilities. • Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Responsible for business related Data Governance processes as defined in the Data Governance Framework for the data assets in their business area (https://E.g. definition of business metrics, access controls, and define the business purpose of data).
Role Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor or Masters degree
- Extensive Knowledge (8 - 12 years) of relevant Craft Experience
- Translate new, learned knowledge into actions associated with the craft skill and knowledge. •Able to consistently perform and lead others with the craft skills and knowledge in complex scenarios •Recognized within the team/immediate organization as the "go-to" person when difficult questions arise regarding application of the craft skills or knowledge.
- Minimum Years of relevant Craft Experience: 8-10 years
- Minimum Years of Relevant Management Experience: 2-3 years
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product.
- You'll be able to impact thousands of the best professionals in the business with your work.
- Various opportunities to grow technically and personally via side projects, hackathons, conferences and your involvement in the community.
- Full relocation support for you and your family (if the case) to move to Amsterdam - one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on https://Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
- Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to absorb new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at https://Booking.com:
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: "At https://Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn't just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It's a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech."
Read all about IDBW and the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) at https://Booking.com here
**Pre- Employment Screening:
**If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.