ing strong internal customer relationships is essential as this position will work with various international teams on a daily basis to ensure delivery of quality products in alignment with initiatives and priorities across the Booking and its sister companies.
You are able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means not only being able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up your sleeves, dig in and help drive change. You will be responsible for establishing a leading portfolio management team, design approach and principles and create an integrated toolset to drive the implementation of a similar way of working , and consistent behaviors across all initiatives (epics, features, projects/programs) within Financial Systems. In your role you will connect business with delivery teams at product and program level, ensuring effective management of initiatives into a unified enterprise portfolio
You are expected to oversee the portfolio ensuring interdependencies, major risks and issues are clear, visible and properly managed by the owners. You will provide standardized quality-assured information that enable data-driven decisions to effectively manage the portfolio, realise the intended value and drive organizational efficiencies. Using your experience, you and your team will support the Financial Systems team in the intake, understanding and delivery of new and existing set of initiatives; in managing the entire demand of work into Financial Systems across the portfolio management funnel ensuring optimal flow of delivery and providing up to date insight and transparency for the overall portfolio of initiatives in the department. You provide visibility and insights on the portfolio and drive an optimal flow. You keep the overview and inform the Financial Systems organization and leadership about the latest status using the right tools and templates and adequate project portfolio management techniques. You will require strong change management experience and skills to drive the portfolio management, product and project teams from current state and across different portfolio management maturity levels. The position requires an experienced professional with the right mix of relevant experience and skills, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment.
Portfolio Roadmap Management
- Lead the overall management of initiatives across the portfolio funnel, ensuring strategic alignment and driving optimal flow across the portfolio funnel going from intake, evaluation, selection and prioritization; to transparent delivery/execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results
- Engage with and conduct regular reviews with senior business, product teams, executives, stakeholder committees, portfolio board, and other relevant bodies to understand, define value, assess impact and prioritize demand of financial systems initiatives to meet business needs and objectives.
- Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the product roadmap, projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Manage the capital planning process for respective business line(s). Maintain a consolidated roadmap of products and project/ initiative delivery. Manage resourcing and scheduling of requests working with business, product leads and engineering managers.
- Lead the orchestration of the end-to-end planning lifecycle and budgeting process enabling leadership to prioritize initiatives, product roadmaps, programs, budget, and resources.
Stakeholder Relationships Management
- Facilitate regular meetings with the senior executive bodies to inform and alert them of any risks and issues arising from the performance of the individual projects or products within the portfolio to assure the on-plan usage and consumption of resources and funding, and to highlight any variances.
- Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around the Financial Systems portfolios, their contents and the individual performance of initiatives to key stakeholders within the organization, and senior executives.
Governance of the project lifecycle and product roadmaps
Create and foster adherence to an effective product roadmap and program lifecycle governance in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and practices.
Work with product and project teams to manage/ oversee the full range of initiatives, product roadmaps and project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, close) covering the portfolio and ensuring focus on the business needs and strategy.
Direct the creation, lead the adoption and maintain the required product and project portfolio documentation and artefacts.
Facilitate regular health checks of product and project lifecycle checklists.
Monitor for proper change management of scope, budget, and schedule at portfolio, product roadmaps and program level. Identify and share best practices.
Create and oversee and maintain portfolio reporting providing consolidated views on status, progress, budget, resource allocation, risks and dependencies on a portfolio, product, program and project level.
- Ability to break problems into parts to see relationships or interdependencies, forecast challenges and apply critical thinking to resolve timeously. Analyze portfolio data/ metrics to develop and maintain existing reports/ dashboards Analyze and interpret the data in order to know how and when to take action. Have a solid business understanding, independently use quantitative and qualitative data to support portfolio decision making and tell a clear story with the data/ insights
- Post-analysis or review of what solutions worked to evaluate and apply new learnings
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring and inspiring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Lead by example by taking ownership, being proactive and collaborating
- Nurture, grow and develop project management talent in the team and foster a great culture
Requirements and experience:
- Experienced professional with 10+ years in similar positions within technology fast moving companies
- Experience with online/ ecommerce, payment processing, and/or financial systems would be beneficial
- 3+ years of experience in leading the capability
- 7+ years of experience in an Agile environment on Train or Portfolio level
- SAFe SPC or LPM certification is nice to have
- Leading or leading transformation to Agile or Lean Portfolio Management capability
- Experience ensuring that the right work flows to the agile organization (trains / Product areas / Grids / Tracks)
- Experience prioritizing strategic initiatives, Lean budgeting, objectives & key results, Portfolio Kanban
- Experience coaching senior managers in Agile / Lean Portfolio Management
- Experience providing training to important stakeholders
- Experience leveraging tools like Jira and EazyBI to create Portfolio insights to drive data-driven decision making
- Ability to understand architectural and technical aspects of projects
- Experience in a global multinational company within an international project- or program management environment - working both with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover and internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of https://Booking.com as a whole
This role is open to candidates worldwide. We provide assistance for you and your family (if applicable) with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam.
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- We aim to empower you to do your best work, whether in the office or at home, as well as 20 days per year to work from abroad with our Work from Abroad benefit* (subject to terms and conditions)
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Need more flexibility in your work week? We are happy to consider part-time, and reduced working week opportunities* (min. 32 hours per week, subject to terms and conditions)
- Parental Leave: From day one of your employment with us, we offer 22 weeks' fully paid leave for all new parents, regardless of gender or the way you become a parent
- Care Leave: 10 days' fully paid leave per year for colleagues who are caring for ill family members.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of https://Booking.com
https://Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
**Pre- Employment Screening:
**If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.