Manager, you are a technical subject-matter expert that bridges the ML engineering world and data science (DS) communities to shape the direction of our Data Quality services, alongside your team. You enjoy leveraging an understanding of data services actively developed at https://B.com and the ongoing industry developments, and vendors to ensure the right technology investments are being made within the Data ecosystem. Your knowledge of Data quality practices and services helps raise the quality of ML together with the Booking community.
- User-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything they do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isn't afraid to roll up sleeves and dives into a project to achieve success by problem solving.
- Passionate about data & machine learning and building a platform that can be leveraged by the whole company. Constantly looking for ways to improve and streamline the capabilities.
- Open-minded team player with excellent communication skills.
- Agile and innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated and results-driven with a take charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes and sizes.
Role Qualifications and Requirements:
Ideal candidates will have some combination of the following:
- Experienced with Enterprise data management practices, as well as Machine Learning technologies.
- Familiar with enterprise data management and pipeline management at scale.
- Understanding of batch and stream processing at scale, using open source and native cloud solutions.
- Experience with public Cloud offerings (Collibra, Informatica, AWS) and building on top of cloud platform primitives.
- 3+ years of experience in a Product Management, Engineering or Technology Strategy role.
- Good knowledge of data science / analytics techniques
- Experience making data-driven decisions, managing backlog, setting and monitoring KPIs
- Experience with stakeholder management (finance, budgeting, team management, recruitment, external customers).
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Experience with web analytics software such as Google Analytics is a plus
- Experience running A/B tests (or exposure to A/B testing concepts) is a plus
- Previous involvement with high traffic (50,000+ visitors per day) on data management side, preferably E-commerce sites is a plus
Benefits & Perks: Global Impact, Personal Relevance
https://Booking.com's Total Rewards Philosophy is not only about compensation but also about benefits. Our Total Rewards strive to make it easier for you to experience all that life has to offer on your terms so that you can focus on what really matters. We offer competitive compensation as well as thoughtful, valuable, and even fun benefits which include:
- Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic and cosmopolitan cities in Europe: Amsterdam.
- Contribute to a high scale, sophisticated, world-class product and see the real time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide.
- Be part of a truly international fast paced environment and performance driven culture.
- Full relocation support for you and your family to move to Amsterdam. We have fine-tuned this process by successfully relocating over 300 Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year alone!
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential.
- Discount on https://Booking.com accommodations with the "Booking Deal" including other perks and benefits.
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture.
- Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world.
- Health, life, and disability insurance*
- Annual paid time off and generous paid leave scheme including: parent, grandparent, bereavement, and care leave.
- Hybrid working including flexible working arrangements, and up to 20 days per year working from abroad (home country).
- Industry leading product discounts for yourself, friends, and family, including automatic Genius Level 3 status and quarterly https://Booking.com wallet credit.
- Free access to online learning platforms, development and mentorship programs, and a complimentary Headspace membership
- On-site meals, coffee, and snacks, including healthy and vegan options, daily*
#ThinkInclusion: Wellbeing & Inclusion at https://Booking.com:
Inclusion, Diversity, Belonging, Wellbeing and Volunteering (IDBWV) have been a core part of our company culture since day one. This ongoing journey starts with our very own employees, who represent over 140 nationalities and a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds, genders and sexual orientations.
Take it from our Chief People Officer, Paulo Pisano: "At https://Booking.com, the diversity of our people doesn't just create a unique workplace, it also creates a better and more inclusive travel experience for everyone. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do. It's a place where you can make your mark and have a real impact in travel and tech."
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustment to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
https://Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
**Pre- Employment Screening:
**If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position.