Thomas Edison South (74051), United States of America, St Cloud, MinnesotaInternal Communications Intern- Summer 2023, St. Cloud, MN
Candidates must live within approximately 100 miles driving distance of one of the following zip code, 56301.
As an Internal Communications Intern, you’ll work with multiple teams to support a variety of communications, events, and new initiatives for the St Cloud, MN site, with a focus on internal lines of business supporting Capital One Branches and Cafés.
As part of the internship, you will do some or all of the following:
- Help develop, execute and implement holistic communications and materials across multiple platforms: web, email and print.
- Exercise project management skills by planning and implementing company site-wide events.
- Don your creative and entrepreneurial caps, looking for opportunities to showcase your skill sets.
- Create “ohhh-and-ahhh” moments helping us bring ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to banking.
- Find out what it takes to learn and promote a brand voice for a multi-site Fortune 500 company.
- Promote Capital One in St Cloud as a great company to work for in Central Minnesota to potential talent in the area looking for their next career path.
- Support onboarding of new hires through creation of multimedia assets
Here’s what we’re looking for in you:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with multimedia skills such as graphic design, video production and basic web design
- Ability to obtain what you need to complete an assigned project, as well as recognition of when to reach out for additional support
- Experience with creating effective multimedia communication materials, both print and electronic
- Ability to plan, design, and coordinate site-wide events for some fun and leisure
- Self-motivated mindset, ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision
- An aptitude for ideation and problem solving to meet current communication and engagement needs of Associates
- Must live within approximately 100 miles driving distance from 56301.
Please share a link to your portfolio of work
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent Certification with c****oursework leading to an undergraduate degree by December 2024.
At least 1 year work experience in any field.
At least 1 year of experience using Adobe Creative Suite
At least 1 year of experience with presentation tools such as PowerPoint, Keynote and Google Slides
At least 1 year of experience using Google Data Studio
At least 1 year of experience using Google Sites
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this role.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected]. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Child care benefits