77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, IllinoisSenior Director Underwriting & Portfolio Management - Healthcare Cash Flow
- The Underwriting and Portfolio Management organization is responsible for working with internal partners to underwrite new transactions and manage the existing portfolio of loans. Our Underwriters and Portfolio Managers balance supporting the Commercial’s Bank’s growth and ensuring we have a scalable, well-managed business. This role supports the Healthcare Cash Flow UWPM.
- Capital One Healthcare is one of the most active capital providers in the U.S. healthcare market, providing more than $70 billion in financing over the past 10 years. For the fifth consecutive year, Capital One Healthcare was the top lead arranger by volume and number of transactions completed for all financings under $500 million in U.S. healthcare leveraged finance.
- Customers across 45 healthcare sectors — including senior housing, hospitals, medical offices, outpatient services, pharmaceuticals and medical devices — rely on Capital One Healthcare to finance acquisitions, refinance existing debt, support working capital needs and fund growth initiatives. With in-depth industry knowledge and expertise, the Capital One Healthcare team of professionals creates business and financial solutions tailored to meet the individual needs of its customers.
- The Healthcare business also provides a full range of other services including loan syndication, treasury management, capital market products, and institutional asset management.
- As a Managing UW&PM, you are responsible for leading & managing a team of underwriters within a specific line of business to analyze, assess, and mitigate risk on commercial loan proposals. As a people manager at Capital One, you play a critical role in bringing in the best talent and creating opportunities for our associates to be great through coaching, development, and performance management.
Primary Underwriting & Portfolio Management responsibilities may include:
- Partner with business leadership and key stakeholders to establish goals, create and manage underwriting guidelines, drive the business model, and evaluate market opportunities so as to contribute to the unit’s profitability and allocate resources appropriately.
- Partner with credit risk management to foster an environment of open dialogue around risk tolerance and credit appetite.
- Maintain portfolio quality by assisting in the underwriting of complex loans and in the development of loan modifications and strategies.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the bank, its customers, loan portfolio, competitive environment, economic trends and policies.
- Schedule and conduct periodic portfolio and industry reviews to forecast and identify emerging problems within the portfolio
- Identify potential structural enhancements in order to improve the credit and reduce risk exposure
- Encourage an atmosphere of urgency toward meeting customer’s needs and providing excellent customer service.
- Promote appropriate application of all bank and line of business policies and procedures; support and drive adherence to regulatory compliance requirements.
- Foster an environment that provides a balance between sound, consistent underwriting and credit quality standards with the need for deposit, loan and fee growth, profitability and customer retention.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise for specific line of business, including attending and participating in industry workshops, conferences, etc.
Primary Leadership Responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for developing and managing a diverse team engaged in the underwriting, structuring, and closing of loan transactions.
- Craft a strategic plan & vision, oversee the identification and execution of critical process improvements
- Responsible for recruiting, training, performance management, rewards and recognition – in accordance with our company values.
- Cultivate a positive work environment by ensuring all team members are properly challenged and motivated and play an integral role in the team’s productivity through an effective and equitable allocation of assignments.
- Develop high caliber associates through on-going mentoring, coaching and career development planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 10 years of experience in credit underwriting or at least 10 years of experience in portfolio management or at least 10 years of experience in asset management
- Master’s Degree in related field - economics, finance, or business
- 12+ years of experience in credit underwriting, portfolio management, or asset management
- Subject matter expertise in Healthcare Cash Flow within Underwriting and Portfolio Management
- Previous formal leadership experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected]. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).