Asset Management Systems Business Analyst
CGI is seeking junior functional resources to support the migration of an organization at a government agency to CGI’s asset management system and the subsequent integration of said software with the agency’s financial management system. The resource will be a member of the migration functional team and assist the organization through the migration functional activities, including configuration, as-is process identification, to-be process definition, detailed designs, process re-engineering, conversion, testing, and training. They should have an understanding and demonstrated knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) process. Knowledge of federal asset management best practices, processes and procedures would be preferred.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The individual will be involved in a variety of functional and business process tasks to meet the client objectives. This may include:
• Analyzing and identifying current business processes and system functionality to determine the best methods for meeting migration objectives
• Creating documentation, written policies, and standard operating procedures for distribution to all individuals involved in the migration process
• Participating in configuration sessions and to-be process definition meetings with the migrating organization
• Developing design documentation based on customer requirements that will be leveraged to develop functionality
• Testing system functionality and troubleshooting system errors
• Providing desk side support to users as they complete work in Sunflower
• Participating in meetings with system stakeholders to solicit and consolidate feedback on the system and business processes in use
• Developing business process efficiencies for the client both prior to implementation and post-implementation
• Additional tasks as necessary to meet customer objectives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Familiarity with the organization, roles, and systems involved in the federal financials process (Asset Management preferred)
• Experience in implementation and support of a federal IT system (Asset Management preferred)
• Experience training novice/new users on an IT system (Asset Management preferred).
• Experience and comfort facilitating meetings, training sessions, and group presentations
• Comfort presenting to clients
• Strong writing skills and prior experience developing agendas, minutes, and presentation materials
• Demonstrated skills in the development/execution of SOPs, QRGs and step-by-steps
• Proficient in testing and documentation of IT System functionality (Asset Management preferred)
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot issues and present to the client a variety of options to resolve the issue
• Demonstrated ability to utilize available resources to research issues/topics that are unfamiliar with
• Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as individually when needed
• Strong analytic thinking skills
• Demonstrated Experience in CGI's Sunflower solution or another asset management solution is preferred.
• Prior experience working on automated data migration efforts.
• Knowledge of SQL
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $43,500- $79,800.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [email protected]. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Here at CGI, you can explore your full potential and shape your own career and you'll: