Chief Technical Architect
CGI Federal is seeking a Chief Technical Architect to support a DoD legacy system modernization project to oversee the overall technical solution and architecture while successfully delivering the requirements of a large government contract across a geographically dispersed team. This position will be primarily remote, but some travel is needed to the client site and team member location(s). This project is a fast paced and dynamic environment that leverages areas such as Agile/Scrum methodology and DevSecOps to quickly build solutions based on customer requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Collaborates with the project manager and client partners to drive strategic direction and innovation supporting customer requirements
• Apply expert domain knowledge, professional principles, and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions, and standards
• Bring proven new ideas and best practices that will enhance performance
• Mentors technical members on the team
• Strong technical acumen with the ability to contribute to the application development process
• Proficient with technology-based tools and processes
• Customer service oriented
• Practices continuous improvement, especially as it related to improving collaboration and communication within and across teams
• Ability to analyze, identify, and solve problems
• Consistently meet customer deadlines, requirements, and expectations
• Adaptable to frequent changes
• Participates effectively in team environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of experience in information technology, computer science, information systems or related field and experience in enterprise architecture, engineering, and standards
• Demonstrated effective communication skills at senior levels within corporate and customer organizations
• Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
• Collaboration with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
• Experience in the practice of Agile methodology
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with team members, customers and support personnel
• U.S. Citizenship is required.
• Experience with AWS/Azure Cloud implementations
• Experience with system modernization management
• Experience supporting DoD Fourth Estate agencies (DFAS and/or DCMA)
• Working knowledge of COBOL
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $90,000 - $140,000.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [email protected]. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Here at CGI, you can explore your full potential and shape your own career and you'll: