Cyber Information Assurance Analyst
CGI Federal is seeking a qualified Cyber Information Security Analyst that will support the CGI Federal ISSO Support Team. The CGI Federal Information System Security Officer (ISSO) provides guidance and oversight to project teams, client groups, and delivery teams in support of security governance and compliance for the services CGI Federal is delivering. The ISSO member will participate as part of a security team that supports projects information security needs to comply with Federal agency’s comprehensive security program to include NIST Risk Management Framework and FedRAMP authorizations.
This work can also be performed from any of our federal office locations. Other preferred locations are Lafayette, LA, Lebanon, VA or Knoxville, TN.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Cyber Information Security Analyst include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security design, implementation, management and review of policies, standards, baselines, procedures, and guidelines are established and followed. Understand the business functions to help ensure business is conducted as securely as possible.
• Create and review documentation to support Systems Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and Client Responsibility Matrix (CRM)
• Identify, manage and monitor POA&Ms, assisting Business Units or Clients in improving the quality and effectiveness of their POAMs. Provide guidance through remediating as well as develop corrective action plans for each POA&Ms.
• Provide continuous monitoring and event-driven monitoring management services to include running adhoc or on demand scanning of project teams environment. Identify assets and associated vulnerabilities and provide recommendations for remediating. Ensure audit records and event logs are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies) Document security breaches and assess their damage.
• Provide configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware; manage changes to system and assess the security impact of those changes.
• Work with multiple teams and client project team members and establish and maintain a strong customer-focused working relationship. Assist the System Owner operate the system as securely as possible to fulfill mission requirements.
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent security activities.
• Keep up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
• Provide detailed and accurate technical reporting of analysis results in the form of PowerPoint presentations and/or Word documents, as well as oral briefings on complex technical subjects attuned to senior management, technical, or nontechnical audiences.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of Cyber Information Security Analysis.
• Experience with FedRAMP and NIST compliance;
• Experience with cloud security for AWS, and Azure environments;
• Experience with network architecture concepts, common ports and protocols, and network monitoring tools;
• Experience with writing clear and concise technical documents specifically policies, processes, and procedural documentation;
• Experience with Nessus and Trend Micro and Cloud Native Security Tool solutions;
• Organizational skills and the ability to work autonomously with attention to detail and processes;
• Excellent communication skills with experience providing incident briefings to peers, management and clients;
• Excellent written skills with experience creating formal incident reports.
• Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, CISM
• Experience with NIST 800-53 Rev 5
• Direct experience with certification and accreditation techniques and methodologies
• AWS, AZURE, Google
“CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000- $204,600K.”
Let’s talk about benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees “members” because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the https://U.S., please email the CGI https://U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@https://cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the https://U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.