plex product features in support of program priorities. The ideal candidate will have experience in software architecture and development of enterprise solutions leveraging industry leading platforms and technologies. This "hands-on" position requires solid technical and exceptional interpersonal skills.
This position is located in our Fairfax, VA office. This role can be performed from one of these other preferred locations Lebanon, VA, Knoxville, TN or Lafayette, LA
Your future duties and responsibilities
As a full time member of the Product Architecture Group, the Software Architect serves as a subject matter expert for large scale system modernization in one or more areas of the architecture: Application, Technology, Security, Information/Data and DevSecOps
• Identify and evaluate current systems for opportunities to improve architecture roadmap that maximizes the use of advanced technology and seek to further modernization objectives.
• Develop solution design and architecture for product enhancements and new applications. Conduct technology and framework assessments including prototype development for viable technical solutions to product requirements.
• Evaluate and enhance existing frameworks and/or develop new architecture frameworks that will be used by agile teams responsible for feature development.
• Provide guidance and support to assigned development teams from PI planning through execution in scoping, design and implementation of functional epics/features ensuring that overall solution vision is on track, right technical trade-offs are made, and issues are identified and resolved timely.
• Define architecture design patterns and development best practices and drive adoption across different initiatives within the Product Development team.
• Participate in sprint and system demos for agile teams to maintain visibility on product progress, quality and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Identify and offer suggestions for improvement.
• Mentor developers and other technical resources and help improve the quality of their work products.
• Ability to work closely with product managers, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders on solution design, estimation, technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience in design and development of highly scalable enterprise applications that run on premise or in cloud environments.
• 5 or more years of experience as a Software Architect, Solution Architect, Principle/Senior Engineer (Lead Developer), or similar role
• Experience working with responsive design, Bootstrap, Typescript and modern frontend programming design patterns.
• Experience developing reusable web components and advanced visualizations using charting libraries such as Highcharts and modern grid system.
• Experience in system design based on Microservices architecture & JSON/RESTful API design and implementation.
• Practical experience in test driven development
• Technical background and experience in Java
• Experience with source control and build automation tools (GIT, Gradle, NPM)
• Experience developing and documenting architecture framework capabilities for use by development teams
• Experience working in SAFe/Agile development environment.
• Excellent communication skills, strong presentation and leadership skills
• Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
• Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
• Proficiency in Federal accessibility standards like Section 508
• Extensive experience doing design and code reviews and providing guidance to development teams
• Working knowledge in
oLinux environments such as RHEL
oCloud native tools, patterns and open source software
oJava based frameworks and technologies such as JBoss, Spring Boot, Spring Data/JPA and Spring cloud.
oContainerization and related technologies such as docker, kubernetes and CI/CD automations and tools
oDomain driven design and service oriented architecture
oRDBMS and data modeling
• Experience with continuous deployment tools (e.g.Jenkins, Tekton )
• Experience in mobile app development
• Experience in NoSQL databases or search engines like Solr
• Experience in Software delivery and customer implementations
• Experience working with remote teams
• Experience in Federal security standards and policies that govern enterprise applications
"CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $106,300K- $291,300K."
Let's talk about benefits:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid maternity and parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, height, weight, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [email protected]. You will need to reference the Position ID of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a Position ID will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.