CULTIVATING A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast doesn’t have to be a typical fast food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We're changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you'll join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As Kitchen Manager, you’ll learn how to prepare great food, grill meats, and sauté vegetables. You’ll be responsible for making sure our food is consistently delicious. You’ll order the food and train others to become future kitchen managers. Each day, you’ll ensure the quality and safety of Chipotle’s delicious food. You’ll see to it that the kitchen is clean, organized and well stocked, and that the equipment is properly maintained and in good condition. Throughout the process, you’re training and developing Crew members, helping them learn how to become future Kitchen Managers. At its core, as with every position at Chipotle, the position is focused on promoting teamwork and creating a great customer experience. While on the clock, you’re always busy on your feet, accomplishing your station’s goals, taking on tasks that you see need to get done, and pitching-in to support your teammates. At Chipotle, you’ll join a team that’s committed to Cultivating A Better World. If this sounds like something you’d like to be a part of, we’d love to meet you! See more details below and apply today.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensuring food quality by cooking and prepping food to order, and following kitchen procedures
• Monitoring food waste and inventory levels, and resolving food quality issues
**• Developing a strong team dynamic between back of house Crew and front of house Crew
• Training and developing Crew members to be future Kitchen Managers
• Communicating with Crew members effectively in order to ensure great customer service and throughput
**• Ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
• Monitoring kitchen equipment and ensuring it is kept in good repair; making sure malfunctioning equipment is repaired as quickly as possible
• Ensuring that the kitchen itself and all Crew members meet the necessary guidelines to ensure there are no injuries or accidents
• Filling out Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and Inventory Rotation (FIFO)
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
• Crew member experience
• The ability to understand and articulate Chipotle’s Food With Integrity philosophy
• The knowledge and ability to speak, write, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
• A high school diploma
• Restaurant experience
**WHO WE ARE
**Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically-cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle had over 2,600 restaurants as of December 30, 2019, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. With more than 83,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices. Steve Ells, founder and executive chairman, first opened Chipotle with a single restaurant in Denver, Colorado in 1993. For more information or to place an order online, visit WWW.CHIPOTLE.COM.
Primary Location: New Jersey - Secaucus - 0775 - Secaucus-(00775)
0775 - Secaucus-(00775)
700 Plaza Dr
Unconscious bias training
Short term disability
When Chipotle first opened, the idea was simple: demonstrate that food served fast didn't have to be a "fast-food" experience. We only use high-quality real ingredients, classic cooking methods and a distinctive interior design, and provide an exceptional customer experience—features more frequently found in the world of fine dining. As a fast-growing company, we’re ...