DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consists of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop supply chain solutions in order to effectively support our customer go-to-market strategy
- Resolve problems, including identifying issues, thinking critically, seeking input to determine the best course of action, and implementing solutions
- Maintain and grow relationships with carrier accounts identifying opportunities for additional collaboration
- Research new carriers in the marketplace, generate leads, and build new carrier relationships
- Conduct calls with carriers to determine carrier availability, commitment, and negotiate transportation rates
- Ensure that specific customer load requirements are met on committed and/or ad-hoc shipments
- Identifies backup carriers for critical situations
- Study and understand market trends and seasonality
- Makes truck offers to Capacity teams in own and other branches in the network.
- Managing own personal development plan
- Aware of and is aligned with the branch strategy and vision
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Commercial skills
- Entrepreneurial character
- International mindset
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate, and influence others
- Ability to thrive under deadlines and work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Driven, enthusiastic, and highly committed
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a commercial role
- Additional European language is an asset
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- This job description is intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by employees in this position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of employees performing this role.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers, and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth, and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued, and respected.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!