The Warehouse Associate is responsible for facilitating the movement of inbound/outbound cargo from trailers/ocean containers and/or through the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. The job will require an individual who is dependable, reliable, detail oriented and safety minded who can function in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receiving goods on behalf of customers and suppliers: Offloading and loading vehicles, manual handling, checking paperwork, weighing, measuring, booking in freight, and reporting discrepancies in freight or paperwork, including damages
- Processing export freight in line with CAA regulations
- Processing import freight in line with HMRC requirements
- Operation of forklifts and hand jacks
- Palletization of loose and floor loaded cargo, stretch wrap and/or band
- Unloading/loading of trailers/ocean containers in a professional and damage free manner
- Preparing outbound loads to depart warehouse: Matching paperwork with freight, labeling, ULD preparation and handling
- Accurately signing off shipments, verifying counts and/or damages
- Staging cargo within the warehouse in a safe and orderly manner
- Comprehensive utilization of warehouse booking-in sheets to ensure proper warehouse organization
- Responsible for general housekeeping to ensure warehouse standards of cleanliness and organization are maintained. This may include sweeping, consolidation of product, maintaining inventories and other tasks as needed
- Execute on all expectations surrounding quality per SOP or other customer requirements including reworking or recouping of freight
- Handling of logistics accounts, picking, packing, inventory reporting/stock checks as needed according to client-specific SOP
- Maintains the flow of materials and products in warehouses with varying degrees
- Completion of weekly bond checks
- Executing DFT/CAA procedures and regulations at all times, maintaining building perimeter security and challenging anything or anyone untoward
- Handling of bonded import freight into the ERTS facility in accordance with regulations and breakdown of inbound ULD’s as required
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- At least 2 years prior forklift experience, with current up to date certificates.
- 2-3 years minimum experience in a freight forwarding environment
- Previously aviation security trained to level CO
- Familiarity with Waybills, Shipping Manifests, Delivery Orders, etc.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting freight in line with H&S requirements
- Proactive, ambitious, hardworking, and analytical mindset
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or days
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Aviation security training COS or history/experience at this level.
- Current, up to date B2 forklift certificate.
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- 4 days on 4 days off
- 6am – 6pm
- 100% onsite due to operational requirements
- Based in Colnbrook.
Questioning if you meet the mark? Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply unless they match the job description exactly. Here at C.H. Robinson, we’re building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong. If this position excites you, we welcome you to apply whether you check all the preferred qualifications or just a few. You may just be our next great fit!