AppDynamics is a full stack observability solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you will be able to align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver amazing customer experience at scale.
You have an outstanding attention to details, hacking background or keen in finding different ways to identify and report the weakness in the codebase. This is a customer/support engineering role. Some other experiences and skills that you have include:
• Excellent debugging skills for JVM performance-related issues
• Out of the box, unorthodox thinking, self-starter and independent, but always willing to communicate and share ideas
• Enthusiastic to learn new technologies and passionate about troubleshooting complex technical issues
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Comfortable working on Unix/Linux with familiarity with commonly used commands and familiar with shell scripting (Bash, Korn, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of Application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss and Jetty
• Strong knowledge of Java frameworks like Struts, Servlets, Spring, EJB, Hibernate, Coherence (or other Caching frameworks)
• Strong knowledge of RMI and SOA implementation of WebSphere, JBoss, and WebLogic
• Strong knowledge of JDBC and familiarity with an RDBMS server (at least one of Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
• Solid programming background in an object-oriented programming language is a must-have - Java preferred
• Good computer science fundamentals - algorithms/data structures/algorithm
About the Role:
We are looking for a Java Software Support/Customer Engineer to join our team. In this position:
• you will be responsible for troubleshooting complex multi-tiered applications in various Java frameworks
• you will also be responsible for working directly with customers to provide advanced technical support and solve complex problems in customer environments
• you will work very closely with the development/sales/customer success teams
• you might need to work with the development team to deliver bug fixes and enhancement requests that come from customers
• write multi-tiered complex applications using various Java ecosystem technologies, learn new stacks, technologies added in Java and implement applications using them
• modify the existing applications to simulate various implementations of SOA, RMI, Messaging, Caching and commonly used development Frameworks like Spring, Struts, Servlets, EJB etc.
• provide advanced technical support and work with customers to solve complex issues with the product in their environment
• create customer-focused functionalities to complement the product coverage
• developing tools to help with troubleshooting
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, we are the worldwide leader in IT, and our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.