About the Team:
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
AppDynamics R&D Center in Bangalore is founded in 2015 and is focusing on leading core product and engineering areas fairly independently and works closely with San Francisco and other teams. Over last 3 years, we have grown to 200+ people and Bangalore R&D Center has evolved as a center of excellence for core product & engineering innovation in AppDynamics. We have been able to build a super strong team, that is working on very interesting and challenging problems. We have a amazing and happy work culture at Bangalore, where entire center works as one single team and truly cares for each other!
About the Role:
AppDynamics’s Application Monitoring organization provides monitoring solutions for Java & related frameworks, databases (relational & NoSQL), Server Infrastructure (Including Virtualization and container, Orchestration platforms, Cloud platforms) and Network (TCP/IP). Application Monitoring organization constantly targets new technologies/frameworks to include in our product portfolio.
You will be working on products to monitor different cloud platforms like Kubernetes, Openshift etc. as well as monitor SQL and NoSQL databases.
Who You Are:
You are a seasoned architect who is passionate about understanding the big picture when it comes to providing architectural solution for a problem and at the same time interested in uncovering the smallest details about it. You are a hands-on engineer who can lead the design discussions, suggest technical improvements, help with comparative analysis of different design proposals and help with coding a solution when required. You are interested in working on challenges in APM and Cloud and Infrastructure industry and have an eye for good design and coding practices.
- 12+ years of experience in developing/architecting software products.
- Strong foundation in data structures and algorithms.
- Good understanding of orchestration services like k8s, openshift.
- Good understanding about SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Good understanding of multithreading and concurrent programming.
- Solid exposure to architecture and design of large scale distributed applications with hands-on experience in ingesting, processing, storing, analysing, caching and serving web-scale data. Should have exposure to relevant technologies in this space such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, NoSql, Redis, Containers, etc.
- Hands-on experience in end to end delivery of product features that includes development, developer testing, build, QA handholding, deployment and release, maintenance, DevOps, etc. Should have worked in an Agile project setting to deliver product features.
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope and priorities.
- Ability to drive innovations both at micro and macro level.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to solve complex problems and deliver end-to-end products and features.
- Mentor engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership.
- This position is for an Architect in Cloud and Infra Monitoring team at Bangalore.
- As a part of this team we work on enhancing our Cloud and Infra capability by providing more core features. This involves working on Kubernetes monitoring and Database monitoring aspects.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A block-chain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box! But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing. Be you, with us