What You’ll Do
Executive Compensation is one of three teams that make up the Executive & Board (E&B) organization at Cisco. E&B advises on hiring, compensating, and developing the executive (VP+) community, in an effort to attract and retain top talent to drive Cisco’s growth. In this Senior Analyst level role, reporting to the Director, Executive Compensation, you will manage the development and preparation of all required disclosures and materials for the Compensation and Management Development Committee of the Board of Directors of Cisco Systems, Inc. (Compensation Committee).
- Working closely with the Director, Executive Compensation, ensure successful Compensation Committee meetings through the management of material preparation including project plan creation, agenda and future meeting creation, key executive review meeting scheduling, and partnering with key partners for creation of identified agenda items.
- Collaborate in the development of compensation items required for the proxy statement, including draft compensation-related proxy tables, preparation of all compensation related sections (e.g., CD&A, CEO Pay Ratio), and tracking all supporting data; and interface with various departments including Legal, Finance, Investor Relations and Corporate Governance on the annual proxy statement and public filings.
- Assist in the compilation of quarterly perquisite data and summary compensation table “other compensation” for Section 16B officers for annual proxy reporting.
- Forecast and model potential incentive compensation plan design changes and their impact on executive compensation and the Company’s financial performance.
- Research and provide analysis on executive compensation, including relative financial performance, executive compensation, and incentive compensation program design, by reviewing public filings (e.g., proxy statements, 8-Ks, Form 4s), online resources (e.g., Equilar, ISS) and independent consultant benchmarking analyses.
- Draft executive compensation learning materials and communications to the executive leadership team.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from executive leadership team and Compensation Committee Chair.
- Proactively recommend improvements or changes to current executive compensation programs, policies, and processes for both immediate and long-term objectives, ensuring our programs and practices remain competitive, efficient, effective, and legally compliant.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with key Compensation Committee partners and serve as subject matter expert on all elements of Cisco's executive compensation program.
- Remains current on legal and governance developments associated with public-company executive compensation programs, including proxy advisor guidance.
- Deliver on key organizational (P&C and Executive & Board) and business initiatives by leading and/or participating in cross-functional dynamic teams.
Who You’ll Work With
You work very closely with all members of the executive compensation team and partner with other members of the E&B organization within both Executive Talent Acquisition and Executive Talent Solutions. You will also work with a diverse set of functions and individuals working towards common and critical business objectives in Professional Compensation, Finance, Legal, Employee Services, People & Communities, and senior executives.
Who You Are
You enjoy crafting a story supported by data. You’re a good listener because you love learning and gaining context. You connect the dots and you are energized when your work results in a clear decision or action. You have strong excel skills and a passion for compensation. You demonstrate critical thinking, sound judgment and a pragmatic approach to decision making and problem solving. You can build strong relationships with stakeholders and demonstrate effective interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to gain others confidence. Your skills are highly regarded, partners seek your opinion and expertise, and others look forward to working with you to solve business problems and drive success. You work in a way that helps others be their best striving for outstanding results.
- 5 years of demonstrated progressive responsibility in an executive compensation role
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent is required. Additional formal education (MBA, MS) and Compensation Certification is preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of base, bonus / incentive and stock plans design, strategies, and principles.
- Strong understanding the executive compensation regulatory framework including corporate and pay governance, role of proxy advisory firms, accounting and tax considerations, and SEC disclosure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; heavily skilled at mathematical modeling and what-if capability, specifically related to compensation design alternatives.
- Demonstrated expertise creating and utilizing excel for compensation or financial models.
- Demonstrated excellence in ensuring data and modeling accuracy.
- Excellent communications and influencing skills to executive leadership.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills, comfortable presenting to executive leadership.
- Experience working effectively with internal clients in support of the Compensation Committee and SEC filings, including cross-functional partners and executive leadership.
- Strong project management, organizational, and technical skills.
- A global and cross-cultural perspective of business and compensation issues.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a matrix organization with competing deadlines.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (39 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us