Exec Talent Solutions (ETS) is one of three teams that make up the Exec and Board (E&B) organization at Cisco. E&B advises on hiring, compensating, and developing the executive (VP+) community, in an effort to attract and retain top talent to drive Cisco’s growth. The three areas of focus for ETS are: Exec Measurements and Insights, Exec Succession Planning, and Exec Development.
Reporting to the Leader, Strategy and Planning, you will lead all aspects of program/experience operations and delivery for the E&B organization. In this position, you will take a holistic approach to managing a team and setting a strategy for the E&B portfolio. You will work in close partnership with subject matter experts to ensure alignment between design and operations/delivery. This role will also partner closely with the Marketing and Communications lead to ensure the delivery of our programs are in lock step with the marketing and communications plan that supports them.
What You’ll Do
- In the fast-paced and often ambiguous environment of executive leadership support, responsible for leading the creation of all the processes, documentation, logistics, delivery and operations, budgeting, and reporting for all programs across the organization.
- Lead the ETS delivery and operations team in setting the strategy for the delivery and operations of all programs/experiences, with the goal of increasing efficiency and effectiveness while not compromising the end user experience.
- Lead and grow a team of delivery and operations talent; providing coaching and development opportunities to ensure team members can perform at their best.
- Oversee and manage vendor relationships and contract negotiations to ensure quality service and cost-effectiveness. Source and assess external vendors/partners where needed, taking responsibility for all aspects of the vendor management relationship (sourcing, onboarding, payment, etc.)
- Oversee the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures, and systems, with input from ETS pillar teams (Exec Measurements and Insights, Exec Succession Planning, and Exec Development), to ensure efficient and effective delivery of programs.
- Own data management and reporting for programs that are being delivered across the organization.
- Monitor program delivery performance and implement strategies to continually improve the participant experience and outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including pillar teams (Exec Measurements and Insights, Exec Succession Planning, and Exec Development) to ensure program delivery aligns with the organization's learning and development goals.
- Serve as the connection to other extended partners, including providing data and reporting as needed to support solutions and offerings.
- Support the execution of other work as needed.
Who You Are
- Team Player: Actively contributes to the team to meet goals and pushes to make the team better by listening to co-workers. Is available and shares responsibility when the team experiences difficulties.
- Analytical Thinking: Understanding the bigger picture to be able to think strategically about what could make processes and/or experiences better from a delivery/operations perspective. What works well and what can be improved? Makes data backed recommendations. Is proactive and accountable for continually improving delivery and operations processes.
- Relationship Building: Proven ability to build and cultivate positive relationships across functions and the business. Consistently ensure that the voice of cross-functional colleagues and executives is reflected in the delivery of solutions.
- Problem Solving and Execution: Committed to understanding the true underlying problem before starting to solution. Bias for action with a focus on iterative innovation. Ability to go deep and broad. Understands the details but is also able to set strategy and direction as it relates to delivery and operations of the organization’s programs/experiences.
- Dedication: We have fun doing what we do, but we also work hard and hold each other accountable! You’re a great fit if you are energized by development, challenge, collaboration, and team camaraderie.
- Openness: Are you open to hearing how others perceive your work? Will you hold your colleagues to a standard of excellence and accept the same from them? A flexible and adaptable mentality will help us to grow you and vice versa!
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 8+ years in roles that focused on learning and development operations or related fields, with demonstrated success in managing logistics and operations for development programs.
- Formal people leadership experience of a larger team, preferably focused on operations. Comfort in developing talent, acknowledging excellent work, and holding team members accountable when deliverables are not completed as expected.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively across teams.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with learning management systems and virtual learning platforms.
- Ability to manage and oversee delivery/operations budget.
- Experience managing and working with external vendors/partners.
- Success in using technology to improve processes and/or programs.
- Basic knowledge of service design principles and learning theories.
- Experience with data measurement and visualization tools.
- Advanced excel skills are a big plus.
- Knowledge of learning and development vendors in the market also a plus.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (38 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!