APAC OTRC - O&T Regulatory Reporting & Change Risk Lead
The Operational Risk Sr Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Assesses risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, risk for example.
- Establishes and maintains a robust control environment and culture within the Citi businesses worldwide.
- Assists management in achieving and maintaining strategic objectives, promotes efficiency, reduces the risk of loss and helps ensure compliance with corporate polices, procedures, laws and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in assessing current status of all regulation related controls
- Recommends control enhancements as needed
- Identifies best practices to be shared with global Citi businesses
- Develops and maintains tracking metrics for management reporting and escalation
- Establishes a rapport with Business Managers, Compliance, Internal Audit and Legal.
- Develops a broad and detailed understanding of the organizations landscape, culture and technology.
- Understands the various businesses and the applicable regulations which govern
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in Operational Risk is a must. Other risk and control disciplines would be a plus credit, and market.
- Experience in Internal Audit or Financial Control would be desirable.
- Expertise in the following is beneficial: Fraud Awareness and Risk Management Legal and Regulatory Compliance, specifically
- Management of a global operations and a complex environment that includes global teams.
- Excellent communication skills verbal & written
- Bachelors/University degree, Masters degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.