Apps Dev Sr. Programmer Analyst
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
Bachelors degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
DEVELOPMENT FAMILY: APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The requirements and responsibilities for all aspects of the Programmer/Analyst Role include (but are not limited to) the following:
Under direct supervision, responsible for program analysis, design and specification for own programs
Under general supervision responsible for coding, testing, debugging and implementation into production
Satisfy programming requirements for the unit of work assigned, with moderate supervision, within the budgeted timeframe
Have platform knowledge: CICS, COBOL, TSO, CHANGEMAN, FILEAID, ONEINFO, LIBRARIAN,DEBUG tools, DB2, etc.
Exhibit a disciplined approach in unit and component testing to ensure zero defects
Determine the appropriate unit test cases, including functional and regression cases
Perform analysis and design on the component level
Complete appropriate documentation (test plans)
Adhere to design and programming standards and principles as defined by senior team members
Have a basic grasp of the core business functions in their area of work
Have a good grasp of the main system flows and functions in their area of work
May participate in the gathering, writing and reviewing of business requirements and translating into functional specifications (FRD
Participate and assist project leader in project planning
Contribute task level estimates for work and time to project plan
Adhere to the SDLC process
Complete required documentation
Follow company standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines
Escalate project issues in a timely manner
Follow managers direction regarding project priorities, milestones and initiatives
Assist in software and hardware setup
Assist in ensuring that systems are not vulnerable to known security exploits
Possess root cause analysis skills; able to quickly analyze and interpret code
Escalate support issues appropriately
Take ownership for issues; actively seek to expand understanding of issues; follow up on resolution even when resolved by other
Participate in post-project review when appropriate
Communicate with team leader regarding specifications and requirements relevant to specific unit of work
Possess effective written communication skills
Understand own role within a team and impact upon others
Work towards common goals of team
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.