Apps Development Sr Manager
The Applications Development Senior Manager is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to establish and implement new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to drive applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Manage one or more Applications Development teams in an effort to accomplish established goals as well as conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions)
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across multiple Applications Development areas to provide technical oversight across systems and applications
- Review and analyze proposed technical solutions for projects
- Contribute to formulation of strategies for applications development and other functional areas
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual data in complicated and unique situations
- Impact the Applications Development area through monitoring delivery of end results, participate in budget management, and handling day-to-day staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and contribute to defining standards negotiating with external parties when necessary
Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience in the Financial Service industry
- Experience as Applications Development Manager
- Experience as senior level in an Applications Development role
- Stakeholder and people management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven project management skills
- Basic knowledge of industry practices and standards
Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelors degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Masters degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- The candidate will be required to work with the front office, quants as well as multiple technology teams across the Equities organization globally, managing requirements and work-loads across the relevant clients.
- ICG (Institutional Clients Group) is one of Citis core banking business sectors, covers Capital Markets Origination, Corporate and Investment Banking, Markets and Securities Services, Treasury & Trade Solutions, and Private Banking etc.
- CSTC (Citigroup Services and Technology (China) Ltd) is Citigroup owned subsidiary in China, as part of Citigroup global technology and operation organization (Citibank China is another Citigroup owned subsidiary in China). It is founded by Citigroup since 2002. It is one of the biggest IT software companies in China, providing both finance IT service and operation services to Citis core banking business globally.
- CSTC ICG Technology department mainly supports MSS (Markets and Securities Services) of ICG, which is one of the key businesses of investment bank industry globally.
- This is a key role within the team responsible for building out the new strategic Risk Compute platform to support the global Equities business as part of a multi-years strategic platform build-out program. The core compute platform will support critical functions such as Live Pricing, Risk and PnL for multiple front office consumer applications.
- This is a highly technical role requiring strong engineering credentials this is a key role within the team and the right candidate will be expected to be a core coding and design contributor in delivering the foundations of the platform.
- Hands-on and passionate technologist who can turn requirements into a detailed design and can deliver high-quality software solutions to committed timescales
- Work closely with Quant and other Tech teams within Equities and Markets technology to deliver resilient and stable applications
- Deliver high quality solutions adhering to Citis Engineering Excellence and Minimum Development Standards criteria
- Outstanding opportunity for the right candidate to define themselves as a core contributor to the Equities investment strategy and set themselves up for a long and successful career at Citi.
- This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in being a part of the equity derivative team and participates in the design and development of the new risk platform to support the growing needs of risk and control.
- Prior experience with Front Office Trading, Risk and P&L platforms
- Understanding of derivative risk, statistical analysis methods etc. is a big plus
- Extensive experience in scalable JVM based distributed compute solutions and understand the complexity of both multithreaded and multiprocessing applications
- Proficient to work on both Linux and Windows server side environment
Nice to have:
- Kafka, Apache Storm, IBM Symphony, and Docker knowledge are extremely useful
- Expertise in automated functional and non-functional testing/TDD using Agile principles for development (ie. Maven/Gradle, TeamCity, Cucumber)
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to interface directly with senior business stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Responsible, agile and collaborative team worker.
- Self-motivated with determination to achieve goals.
- Flexible and able to deliver quality results in the required timeframe.
- Bachelors degree in a Computer Science / Information Technology or a related field.
- Ability to apply sound technical skills to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - CN
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.