Apps Support Sr Analyst
The Apps Support Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Main focus areas will include promoting stability and quality of support services in line with our global strategy and technology management policies, as well as day to day operation and oversight for the various applications operating in the region and globally.
- Continuously identify the automation scope and implement them to bring in more efficiency
- Work closely with DEV partners to prioritize the top stability issues
- This role forms Global Support L2 team and is a Production support analysts role based in Irving.
- This role will attend and respond to compliance, audit or BAU production issues related to business as usual (BAU) functions.
- You are able to analyse complex problems / situations and to propose simple solutions
- Communicate complex technical issues to business users in a language they understand
- Handle a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands
- Build and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team
- Promote effective knowledge management across the Global Production Support Teams
- Help to define, record and execute application disaster recovery plans and procedures
- Collaborate effectively with multi-functional partners, sharing information and knowledge effectively Business Knowledge
- Effectively communicate and be compatible with infrastructure and supporting technology groups across a distributed Unix/Linux environment to drive problem resolution and service levels.
- Work closely with 1st level support teams and work as part of the 2nd level support team to ensure team is meeting the business requirements.
- Follow through to ensure each problem is resolved according to SLA.
- Effectively communicate issues and status updates with business users, development teams and Global Support Lead.
- Liaise with users; business sponsors; and other Application Development groups.
Application Support Experience:
- 3+ years experience working in a production support environment.
- Exposure to DEVOPS tools such as CHEF/ Ansible and migrating applications to ECS on Cloud
- Should have hands on experience on App Dynamics , ELK and exposure to Machine learning
- Effective in supporting Payments applications preferably in corporate banking.
- Strong knowledge in ITIL practices in the area of Incident, Release, and Change and Problem management.
- Effective in handling communications across business and technology partners at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise.
- Prior experience in large scale enterprise application support, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, performance fine-tuning and cost optimization
- Demonstrate accountability, independent initiatives and willingness to lead and work with teams across multiple locations and time-zones
- Flexible and being able to handle time effectively.
- Basic Networking knowledge ( Load balancers, Network Protocols)
- Ability to manage change and release implementation, review and sign off on the all application related changes and ensure all the changes are deployment within the timeline and post implementation validation are performed.
- Experience using Service Now or other similar issue tracking system and managing the projects with accurate estimation and running them without overdue
- Excellent strategic analysis, problem solving, issue resolution and decision-making skills
- Experience working within an on-shore/off-shore support environment
- Ability to build positive relationships in a multi-cultural environment across all levels within IT
- ITRS monitoring tools exposure and experienced in running ITRS gateways
UNIX and Scripting
- Working experience with Linux infrastructure
- Experience writing Linux Shell scripts
- Good Technical knowledge of Oracle 11G, SQL, MS SQL Server,and PL/SQL programming.
Programming Languages and Middleware
- Good Technical Skills in Java ,API and XML
- Technical understanding of IBM Websphere and TIBCO
- Technical understanding of ABINITIO
- Knowledge of Business Objects
- NDM, SFTP, MQ & TIBCO EMS
- Autosys or relevant batching tools
DEVOPS and Cloud
- Experience on Cloud computing and migrating applications to ECS containers
- Experience on GitHub , TeamCity , Maven, CHEF or Ansible , Jenkins and JFrog
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with little supervision
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Authoritatively and effectively handles work, time, and resources
- Applied knowledge of standard development methodologies
- Ability to handle high stress and pressure situations
- Strong problem solving and program execution skills
- Self motivating
- Ability to understand the big picture can step back and understand the context of problems before applying analytical skills to address the issues
- Demonstrable ability to communicate and develop long-lasting relationships with all levels of Management in a clear, concise manner
- Delivery focused and result oriented
- Process oriented
- Attentive to detail
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.