Assistant Vice President, Finance Reporting Senior Analyst
The Financial Reporting Analyst position is an integral member of the Corporate Regulatory Reporting Group (CRR). The Corporate Regulatory Reporting Group is a high profile function, providing financial information to the regulators including the Federal Reserve Bank (FRB) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). The position will have a high level of visibility within the organization with opportunities to work directly on a regular basis with Management and will also interact very closely with other groups throughout Citi, including Risk, Treasury, Controllers, SEC Reporting, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning & Analysis, Capital Planning, and Finance & Risk Shared Services. The primary responsibilities include preparation and analysis of the quarterly, semi-annual and annual Regulatory Reports required by FRB and OCC for Citigroup and Citibank entities, including FR Y-9C, Call Report, and Comprehensive Capital Assessment Review (CCAR), as well as certain SEC disclosures (Form 10-Q/K). Other responsibilities include certain earnings release, 10-Q/10-K disclosures, preparation of Board of Directors and Senior Management Presentations and Analyst Packages, maintenance of the global Accounting Policy Manual, internal controls on Regulatory data integrity, data quality improvement projects including GENESIS/U.S. Regulatory Reporting Initiative (USRRI) and process automation in RegInsight.
- Analyze multiple areas of regulatory filings such as FR Y-9C, Call Report, CCAR, 10Q/10K etc.
- Analyze and review the reporting of FR Y-9C and Call Report schedules for Balance Sheet and Variable Interest Entities (VIEs), including the financial results, trend comparisons from period to period, accounting issues and pronouncements, economic events and their impact, Regulatory/ GAAP interpretations, SEC disclosure analysis and Board and Senior Management presentations.
- As new regulatory developments occur, the AVP will analyze and determine the impact on the companys public reporting, monitor developments in the regulatory reporting arena and assist the Citi Finance functions in implementing and meeting the reporting requirements.
- Keep abreast of industry, regulatory, and accounting developments. Develop solid knowledge of Finance/accounting concepts and principles to ensure accurate Regulatory Reporting filings.
- Communicate results and address queries from Senior Management, Regulatory Agencies and Internal/External Auditors as well as the investor community.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis on regulatory reporting and other regulatory matters, as warranted, present results in a well-conceived and clear fashion.
- Work and partner with multiple areas across Citi, including Controllers, SEC Reporting, Treasury, Risk, Accounting Policy, Financial Planning and Analysis, Mergers & Acquisitions, Legal, and Investor Relations to maintain a high level of quality and accuracy of the report filings. Establish strong working relationships with key contacts.
- Participate and assist in data quality improvement projects including GENESIS/U.S. Regulatory Reporting Initiative (USRRI) to strengthen controls and improve report accuracy.
- Assist/participate in regulatory exams, internal audits and address external analysts questions. Maintain effective and professional relationships with regulators, internal and external auditors.
- Participate/assist in projects and ad-hoc requests.
This individual will have an opportunity to work with over 30 team members across NY and Tampa, primarily consisting of MBAs and CPAs, who are engaged with and supportive of one another and in an environment which promotes and sustains continuous development and growth.
Corporate Regulatory Reporting Groups mission is to provide complete and accurate consolidated financial statement analysis and other related information to the regulators, investors, outside analysts and senior management on a timely basis and in the most efficient manner possible.
- Minimum 3+ years financial reporting and analysis with exposure to Regulatory or SEC/GAAP financial statement analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/ finance
- CPA or MBA Preferred
- Strong analytical, technical, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Flexibility and ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities under demanding time frames and respond effectively
- Ability to partner with other functions to optimize results
- Consistently produce high quality work, fine- tuned to specific audience
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter/ quick learner
- Solid PC and system skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and some Microsoft Access
- FR Y-9C and FFIEC 031 reporting experience a plus
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.