Audit Manager- Treasury & Trade Solutions
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citis numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citis respective regulators, globally.
The Audit Manager / Vice President will perform audit work and business monitoring for various Treasury & Trade Solutions (TTS) audit entities.
The TTS Business in North America is a $1.9BN revenue business that processes a daily average of 350,000 funds transfers with a total value of approximately $1.6T. Cash liability balances are approximately $110BN. Core TTS cash products are payments, receivables, trade, liquidity management services, information services, commercial cards and account services. The TTS Business in North America is primarily booked under the Citibank N.A. and Citibank Canada legal vehicles.
- Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high-risk areas including: Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often athigher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
- Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in audit, business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Solid business understanding of ICG/TTS products, especially those associated with Cash, Trade, and Cards businesses.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Multitasking skills is a must.
- History of success working in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic and energy levels.
- Technological proficiency. Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus but not required.
- Subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines is a plus.
- Understanding of or experience working in a TTS Regional Processing Center servicing multi regional businesses is a plus but not required.
- Continuous quality improvement mind-set.
- Travel requirement: 25%
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.