Balance Sheet Mgmt Ld Analyst
Mexico City, Mexico
The Balance Sheet Mgmt Ld Analyst is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Contributes to the governance of funding, investing and analytics of the balance sheet. This includes
- Participates in managing liquidity and interest rate risk, the capital/legal entity structure and capital planning as well as managing rating agency relationships.
- Involved in capital markets activities including commercial paper and securitization; liquidity, accrual risk oversight and transfer pricing.
- Exposure to Citis balance sheet and develop understanding of data and technology infrastructure supporting the liquidity reporting process.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or related field preferred,
- At least 5 years of experience in Finance, Treasury, P&L.
- Must have advanced analytical skills but also the ability to see the big picture
- Excellent communication skills are imperative i.e. ability to make complex subjects easily digestible for senior management
- Exercises proven Power Point and Excel skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment Ability to interact with all levels of management Must be a team player
- Bachelors degree, potentially Masters degree
- English: Advanced
Treasury Group analytics team supports the Cluster and Country Treasurer on Balance Sheet Management activities. LATAM Regional Treasury groups responsible of the Regions Balance Sheet with focus on overall integrity and structure of, Capital, Interest Rate Risk, Transfer Pricing, Deposits and overall Liquidity profile of the Legal Entities in LATAM and Mexico.
Country and Cluster Treasurers are responsible for ensuring disciplined treasury practices in managing treasury risk exposures, and providing an independent oversight on liquidity risk management and contingency funding planning. The team also collaborates with the businesses to optimize funding structure within appropriate risk levels and Balance Sheet management disciplines. Our group provides advisory service on treasury strategy, supports the Country ALCO discussion, and acts as a liaison with all constituencies within Citigroup, including support analytics to facilitate communication with senior management, strategizing treasury issues with other business segments and across different corporate functions (Financial Control, tax, etc.).
The ideal candidate will interact with Cluster and Regional treasury teams by providing reporting and analytics for ALCO meetings our latam countries. This candidate will also interact directly with the Country Treasury team and Finance to obtain.
Provide Cluster and Country Treasurers with ALCO report material, as well in depth analysis of balance sheet usage and efficiency, hedging analysis and strategy, followed by Net Interest Margin and Returns optimization
Implement Global ALCO standards material in the countries, following a tight implementation schedule, including pages design and rollout country by country.
NIVEL DE LA POSICION C13
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - MX
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.