Business Controls - Pricing Risk Manager
New York, NY
The Business Controls and Supervision team (BCS) provides centralized support across multiple control disciplines to the firms ICG Markets and Securities Services business. The Pricing Risk team within BCS is responsible for facilitating the design, implementation and governance of Front Office controls over the valuation of financial instruments in order to meet heightened standards in an evolving environment. The Pricing Risk team works with business managers, Technology, traders and control functions to develop and deploy the control framework.
- Design and implement Front Office controls which effectively mitigate the risk of misvaluation of financial instruments
- Evaluate metrics and reports to assess the consistency of valuations with the firms standards, identify necessary actions and facilitate resolution of identified inconsistencies
- Design and implement governance materials for senior monthly forums which are accountable for consistent Front Office valuations
- Manage project deliverables across multiple businesses, regions and stakeholders
- Generate ideas for efficient target state controls which are aligned with long term plans
- Develop enhanced standards and policies in relation to Front Office controls over pricing risk
- Drive standardized and consistent mechanisms to evidence controls and supervision of pricing risk
- Engage Audit and other Control groups to drive forward control enhancement initiatives and resolve control failures
- Strong technical understanding of derivative valuations across multiple asset classes, including associated portfolio level adjustments (eg. CVA)
- Robust understanding of typical data structures for market data utilized by derivative models
- Experience with designing and monitoring key controls for the valuation of derivatives in a trading environment
- 5+ years experience in Risk Management, Product Control, Consulting, Trading or other related roles in the financial industry
- Ability to identify areas subject to heightened control risk and to design efficient approaches to mitigate the risk on a sustainable basis
- Experience with generating creative solutions, differentiating and prioritizing realistic enhancements and driving change-related projects
- Strong communication skills with an ability to influence senior stakeholders and to adjust communication style for the target audience
- Strong financial, analytical and project management skills
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and no surprises approach in communicating issues
Education Level Bachelor's Degree
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.