The Collections Specialist 5 performs relatively complex assignments. Has direct impact on the business by ensuring the quality of the tasks or services provided. Works under little to no direct supervision. May service an expansive and/or diverse array of products/services. Applies working knowledge of technical and professional principles and concepts and in depth knowledge of team objectives. Understands how assigned duties contribute to the work of the team/unit and how the units coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve the objectives of the function. Ensures the quality and service of self and others. May recommend new options to enhance productivity in accordance with guidelines. Requires tact and diplomacy when exchanging complex or sensitive information with others. Is sensitive to audience diversity. Basic knowledge of the organization, the business and its policies required. Typically responsible for resolving basic to moderately complex problems based on practice and precedence. Able to assess applicability of similar experiences and evaluate options under circumstances not covered by procedures.
- Performs Collection Specialist 3 duties plus the following: Uses advanced negotiation skills to resolve escalated calls. Coaches less experienced collectors. Prioritizes workflow, and identifies process improvements by applying technical principles and techniques. Interprets procedures and instructions to choose among alternatives to seek resolution. Works under little to no direct supervision. May support an expansive and or diverse array of products services. Applies working knowledge of technical and professional principles and concepts and in depth knowledge of team objectives; and, impacts the business by ensuring the quality of the tasks or services provided. Understands how assigned duties contribute to the work of the team unit and how the units coordinate their efforts and resources to achieve the objectives of the function.
- Carry out collections management to the client portfolio with outstanding balance in order to regularize the client's debt and mitigate the risk from old credits
- Offer the client all the information of their credit and debt via telephone, in order to make effective collection management maintaining the quality standards required
- Update the data of unlocatable customers in arrears, through the CACS system, verifying their information and data history; with the purpose of locating them and being able to carry out collection management.
- Orient the client according to their requirements and needs to other areas: Customer Services, retention, Citiphone
- Comply with the strategies designed for Front End
- Contribute to the monthly productivity standards of the Business.
- Comply with monthly efficiency goals in buckets
- Identify inconsistencies in the Collections systems that affect the products of the clients.
- Offer Negotiation strategies, according to the client's specific situation or route the case to Remedial, or supervisor to offer the client alternative payment according to their condition
- actively participate in the fulfillment of our Shared Responsibilities
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-4 years of experience in the collection area
- I work under pressure negotiation ease of speech leadership adaptability
- Ability to adjust quickly to changes and reprioritization in the market, client needs or organizational issues while remaining focused
- High School diploma or equivalent
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - CN
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.