Compl Risk Mgmt Sr Officer I
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. The individual will report to the Compliance Risk Management Senior Officer II, in the Global Quality Assurance department within ICRM.
- Designing, developing, delivering and maintaining best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Implement the strategy for the ICRM Managers Control Assessment (MCA) Program aligned to the Compliance Risk Management (CRM) Framework and the CSP which are consistent with business objectives.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citis clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; provide direction and guidance on the programs. Serves as a subject matter expert on Citis Compliance programs.
- Drive implementation of consistent governance, communication, tracking and reporting mechanisms for ICRM aligned with the MCA Standards and MCA Procedures.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing Citis key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the banks risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Monitoring adherence to Citis Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Develop communications, participating in Annual Risk Assessments (ARA), including support of independent challenge and validation reviews.
- Performing complex analyses of comparative data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to compliance risk assessments, and monitoring of compliance related issues.
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies;
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Bachelors degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; Advanced degree preferred
- Work experience supporting more than one consumer business (e.g., Mortgage, Deposits, Credit Cards)
- Experience with Citi Risk & Controls and the Managers Control Assessment Framework
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.