Corporate Credit Officer - AVP
London, United Kingdom
Corporate Credit Officer - AVP
Competitive Salary Offered
Citigroups Regional Credit (RC) department has openings for AVP-level Corporate Credit Officer roles in London, across all corporate industry groupings (Consumer, Retail & Healthcare (CRH); Energy & Commodities; Industrials incl. Automotive; Insurance; Power, Chemicals, Metals & Mining (PCMM); Telecoms, Media and Technology (TMT) and Leveraged Lending, in the Western Europe corporate portfolio.
Regional Credit works in tandem with a group of global Industry Specialists covering the above industries, who form the Global Industries group (GI). Together we form GI&RC.
Responsibilities for these roles will include credit analysis, review, and active monitoring of the portfolio to identify credit migration. The London RC team works in parallel with the GI specialists, bankers, and product specialists, in order to make informed decisions through an understanding of the credit, structure and profitability of each relationship.
**Purpose of Role**
As members of the RC team, these positions will facilitate the establishment of credit limits and transactions with existing and new clients, as well as responsibility for data quality, periodic stress testing and portfolio reviews. These positions will support Senior Credit Officers for all day-to-day credit activities in the Western European corporate credit portfolio, whilst also taking having accountability for specific projects and functions. These roles must also own and develop responses to strategic issues such as improving systems and processes, and will be expected to contribute to a number of ongoing and ad hoc initiatives within Western Europe Corporate Credit. These include portfolio and stress test reviews, in-depth industry, geography or counterparty analysis, focusing on specific themes or risk areas and other business initiatives.
- Assist with the management of a portfolio of accounts
- Contribute to Industry Portfolio reviews and Stress Tests
- Work closely with Banking, credit risk management and product to ensure top levels of data quality
- Work with Banking, markets sales and origination teams when onboarding new clients and executing transactions.
- Contributing to periodic portfolio reviews, updating of credit processes, risk rating policy, presentations to senior management, etc.
- Providing guidance and oversight for writing of credit reviews and transaction memos.
Point person in credit risk for markets teams, providing credit related input and guidance to the business where needed.
Portfolio review responsibility will provide insight to macro issues impacting the Western Europe portfolio generally and ongoing access to Senior Portfolio Managers in GI&RC
- These roles have the opportunity for exposure to wide industries
- These roles will engage with the full spectrum of the banking and product partner teams including, sales, traders, market risk, operational risk, legal, audit, IT, middle office, etc. giving an opportunity to develop a more thorough understanding of the entire business chain.
Capability to move from one industry to another depending on market opportunities as well as day-to-day deal flow from our diverse customer set.
Key experience and requirements for the role
Proven strong analytical skills with good attention to detail, ability to provide big picture decision making and to coach associates and analysts
- Solid understanding of policies and procedures impacting the Credit Risk Management framework
- Risk and business judgment on the full spectrum of risk issues including franchise risk
Independent problem solving skills
**Demonstrable skills required**
Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendation in a succinct manner
- Demonstrated aptitude for tackling analytical questions through quantitative modeling and the analysis and manipulation of large data elements
- Ability to meet deadlines created due to business needs
Strong understanding of corporate finance required and bank products
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Economics
- An MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred and formal credit training is a plus
- Solid years risk or relevant experience, preferably gained at a major institution
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Citigroup Centre, 33 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB
Closing Date: 25th March 2020
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.