Credit Risk Officer
Credit Risk Officer
Locations: This position will be located on-site in Irving, Texas
The Delinquency Managed (DM) Credit Officer function is designed to provide a thorough, objective analysis of the financial condition and credit worthiness of borrowers and individuals, as well as analysis of prevailing industry and market conditions on submitted commercial loan requests. Analysis is performed through the examination and interpretation of historical and projected financial statements and related information, biographical data on a company and / or individual, market information and credit reports, with a focus on determining a borrower's repayment ability. All credit reviews and decisioning to be in compliance with internal credit risk policy guidelines. Credit Officers interface with and are expected to maintain strong working relationships with Small Business Banking Managers, Commercial Banking Relationship Managers, Credit / Risk Managers and customers to facilitate the lending process. The lending environment is volatile and it is expected that ongoing education will be necessary to ensure knowledge of the various products and services offered in the Commercial / Small Business Banking business. The ability to work independently and handle assigned transactions within the established turnaround standards is required. **Loan requests / decisions up to $1,000,000** (ORIGINATIONS)**.**
- Interface with and support bankers in underwriting requests for commercial credit extensions for new and existing clients with ownership responsibilities for sound credit decisions and compliance with internal procedures / credit risk policy guidelines and standards.
- Prepare a detailed written credit summary of commercial applicants requesting credit by analyzing the business, interpreting the finance need, identifying the strengths and prevailing risk factors and rendering a final credit decision.
- Perform detailed financial analysis on companies, including trend and ratio analysis, and interpret the financial information.
- Perform credit and personal financial statement analysis on individuals, guarantors, and co-borrowers in order to determine repayment capacity based on cash flow statements, tax returns, and statements.
- Perform industry and geographical research and other due diligence as needed.
- Maintain a solid understanding of Citibank products and services - within Small Business / Commercial Banking and the broader organization.
- Maintain compliance with Citibank credit policies / practices and regulatory policies, to ensure business unit is in adherence to the above and receives satisfactory ratings from internal and external auditors.
- Support business unit goals by continuous identification of process improvements and efficiencies that reduce costs and improve customer service levels. Work with management team on prioritization and implementation of approved actions.
- Provide backup support to Credit Underwriting Group Manager, lead projects and initiatives and mentor lower level Credit Officers as needed.
- Other duties as required to support business unit and company goals.
- Bachelor's degree in finance / accounting or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a commercial / business credit underwriting environment reviewing credit transactions up to $1,000,000 (minimum) or equivalent experience
- Expertise in underwriting business operating lines, term loans and real estate transactions
- Previous credit authority experience
- Prior experience working in a regulatory and compliance policy environment
- Small Business Administration (SBA) experience preferred (7a / Express / 504 programs)
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess individual and company financial statements, cash flow, industry / competitive analysis and projections
- Demonstrated knowledge of intermediate accounting theory and its practical application in the credit underwriting process
- Excellent organizational skills, strong multi-tasking capabilities, attention to detail, and the ability to complete assignments within required deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong inter-personal and written / verbal communication skills
- Strong problem recognition and resolution skills
- Pro-active disposition with ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient in various spreadsheet and word processing applications (Excel and Word), including the use of graphs and charts and financial analysis software
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.