Data Engineer - C10
Citi's mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world's toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities.
Analytics and Information Management (AIM)
Citi AIM was established in 2003, and is located across multiple cities in India Bengaluru, Chennai, Pune and Mumbai. It is a global community that objectively connects and analyzes information, to create actionable intelligence for our business leaders. It identifies fact-based opportunities for revenue growth in partnership with the businesses. The function balances customer needs, business strategy, and profit objectives using best in class and relevant analytic methodologies.
What do we do?
The North America Consumer bank information management team provides reporting and business Insights support to help the business monitor/size the impact of various business strategies, campaigns and portfolio actions.
The team helps the business take strategic decisions based on lots of data exploration, thorough understanding of business needs backed by structured thinking.
Few notables among the multiple areas that we work in:
- Business critical Dashboards: self-explanatory and detailed dashboards to review the portfolio health with the business leaders with analytical backing of particular trends of interest
- Assessing Campaign Impacts: Understand the campaign setup and through data exploration get the actual campaign performance in terms of P&L. Using the data put together a solution to optimize the marketing spends based on campaign performance.
- Opportunity sizing: Help the business with sizing the impact of various regulatory / market / business / strategic changes to the portfolio
- Process Efficacy: Periodically review existing process and identify potential ways to streamline the process
- Business Intelligence Tools: Deploy existing reports to other advanced reporting platforms
In order to achieve the best in class analytical solutions across business units we use the best in class tools and technology.
Whats expected from you?
As a principal Analyst, we are seeking an experienced analytics candidate who should be able to perform below behaviors in their day to day role:
Client Obsession Create client centric analytic solution to business problems. Individual should be able to have a holistic view of multiple businesses and develop analytics solutions accordingly.
Analytic Project Execution Own and deliver multiple and complex analytic projects. This would require an understanding of business context, conversion of business problems to formulate analytical methodology, identifying trends and patterns with data
Stakeholder Management: Experience in stakeholder management across various functions and regions.
- Presentation Skills : Delivering high class presentations to share the thoughts, the solutions or the problem statement to business stakeholders and senior management
- Project Management Should have skillset to manage project in terms of creating project plan, assigning responsibilities,
Skillset you should possess
The most important skill that our analyst should possess is their love for data and their eagerness for new challenges & solving new problems. Apart from these, they should also have the following skillset
- Masters /MCA or Bachelors degree in Engineering / Technology / computer science from premier institutes with 3-5 years of relevant experience in delivering data analytical solutions
- Ability to identify, clearly articulate and solve complex business problems and present them to the management in a structured and simpler form
- Hands-on experience Big Data Technology stack such as HIVE,PIG , Java/Spark/Scala
- Programming Python ,SQL
- Proficient in designing efficient and robust ETL workflows
- Ability to automate the manual workflows, processes, data loads
- Experience in developing Datamarts , Data warehouse
- Experience of working with large and multiple datasets, data warehouses and ability to pull data using relevant programs and coding.
- Experience of working with Streaming data.
- Experience in working on Credit Cards and Retail Banking products
- Should have excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Strong process/project management skills
- Multiple stake holder management
- Strong team player
- Control orientated and Risk awareness
- Experience with APIs integration will be preferred
- Knowledge of Credit Cards and Retail Banking products
Good to have exposure to Machine Learning Algorithms, Pattern Mining/Detection
Experience in Tableau/Arcadia would be preferred
- Location: Pune, India
- Employment: Full Time
- Industry: Credit Cards, Financial Services, Banking
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - IN
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.