Director- Americas Wholesale Team Manager
Global Risk Review (GRR) provides independent, objective, reliable, valued and timely assurance to the Boards, the Committees, the Citigroup Chief Risk Officer, the Citigroup Chief Credit Officer, senior management and regulators over the effectiveness of credit, capital and collateral risk management and the ability of the Business and independent Risk Management to identify, monitor and mitigate current and emerging risks. As a key site leader within GRR, theWholesale Credit Review Team Manager serves as the team manager responsible for oversight of a team of Senior Lead Reviewers within Wholesale Credit Review executing upon Business Monitoring and Credit Reviews of Institutional Client Group (particularly within Banking & Capital Markets), Citi Commercial Bank, and Citi Private Bank businesses in the Americas region.
The Team Manager provides direction, leadership, and guidance to a Wholesale Credit Review team that:
- Monitors and evaluates Wholesale portfolios, strategies, and credit risks
- Assesses the effectiveness of credit risk controls of assigned businesses
- Proposes pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues
- Maintains ongoing contact with an entity through Business Monitoring and corrective action follow-up
- Develops and maintains the Fundamental Credit Review Plan document, Sample Rationale Document, etc.
- Manage and lead the regional Wholesale Credit Review team located in the Irving, Texas
- Coordinate with other Team Managers and with the Americas Region Head of Wholesale Credit Review as appropriate to address and escalate emerging risk trends
- Ensure that assessments of portfolios, credit risk processes, risk ratings and classifications, staffing models and others as related to Business Monitoring and Reviews are consistent and properly reported to senior management, Citis Boards of Directors, and regulators
- Ensure that Corrective Action Plans are appropriate, monitored, and duly validated
- Ensure that Credit Assessment Documents and Review Reports meet quality and consistency standards
- Assist in recruitment, talent development, and building an effective review team
- Assist the Americas Region Head of Wholesale Credit Review in developing and executing the review plan for the region
- Support Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives for GRR
- Regularly interface with regional senior business and risk managers
Travel required (25%)
Demonstrable financial services experience including 12+ years of credit experience in wholesale banking or credit risk management
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters
- Ability to work at senior levels and build constructive and effective relationships with peers
- Ability to recognize emerging risks
- Expert in risk analysis and risk management processes for one or more products and lending areas
- Demonstrated success as a manager including a track record of building high performing teams and developing emerging VP/SVP level talent
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to coordinate and manage large review teams in different regions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), Finance or any other related subject
Senior Credit Officer designation is required, Level 2 initial or higher is preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.