Finance - Director - Balance Sheet Management Senior Group Manager
London, United Kingdom
The role will support the UK Treasurer, with responsibility for oversight of Liquidity, Balance Sheet, Capital and Interest Risk, and will ensure that adoption of best practices for the UK Broker / Dealer. The role will also lead the team providing treasury support to the EMEA Markets and Securities Services (MSS) business.
The role is accountable for ensuring that the UK Broker / Dealer has robust liquidity and capital management practices, consistent with global policy and local regulatory requirements. In addition, they will Be Responsible for working with MSS business to support initiatives whilst driving efficient Into the Balance Sheet. The position sits within EMEA Corporate Treasury and is based in London.
The role requires a substantial amount of interaction with stakeholders across the organization and is also a key leadership position within EMEA Corporate Treasury.
- Manage funding, capital, and liquidity for the UK Broker/Dealer entity, representing over $200bn in assets.
- Present liquidity metrics and related topics to the UK ALCO, supporting the UK Board of Directors and all businesses operating on the entitys balance sheet.
- Lead the Treasury aspects of UK Recovery and Resolution planning for the UK Broker/Dealer entity.
- Ensure the optimization of current and future balance sheet usage across businesses, while maintaining prudent structural liquidity, appropriate market risk positions and an adequate quality and quantity of capital.
- Maintain a strong control environment and in compliance with both internal and regulatory requirements through daily monitoring of liquidity
- Support the UK Treasurers interaction with the Prudential Regulatory Authority on funding and liquidity matters
- Work closely with EMEA MSS business to support the business activities of the entity, and directly with the Funding desks to support daily liquidity management of the entities.
- Leading implementation of Global Funds Transfer Pricing policy, ensuring associated practices are followed and acting as the lead within the region for MSS related FTP queries
- Responsible for annual refresh of the Funding and Liquidity Plan, Contingency Funding Plan, Liquidity Risk Framework and ILAAP for the UK Broker/Dealer entity.
Coordinating the Review of new products in line with the NPAC framework.
This role will require strong and thoughtful leadership skills to lead and represent EMEA Corporate Treasury Function and as part of the Global broker dealer Treasury team. It will present an opportunity to further enhance ability to influence decision taking through better leadership and communications skills.
It will provide the successful candidate with:
- Substantial interaction with Country and Regional Management
- The opportunity to lead and present at forums including Country aLCo
- The ability to make a significant contribution to ensuring the firm meets its financial target through efficient use of balance sheet
- The opportunity to understand the regulatory requirement impacting Treasury both locally and globally
- The ability to be an influential decision maker on the utilization and planning of resources to support the Citi franchise
- Exposure to a broad range of business areas and products
- Prior treasury and /or Finance experience required
- Understanding of Citi legal entity structure, systems and businesses
- Experience operating at a senior level with deep and robust history of meaningful engagement with senior leader, regulators and rating agencies
- Knowledge of capital market, transaction services and securities is desirable
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise objectives
- Must be able to understand complex financial concepts and distil into clear, concise and simplified concepts.
- Experience with understanding and preparing analytics for a senior audience
- University degree in Finance, Economic or Accounting or post graduate degree in similar disciplines.
- English language at proficient level both written and oral. Other languages are a plus
- Prior Treasury experience required
- Comfortable communicating across teams and geographies, taking into accounts cultural sensitivities and diverse working practices
- Ambitious and willing to learn. Able to quickly assimilate new information
- Diplomatic. Able to manage situations where conflicts of interest may arise.
- Able to act as a partner to the businesses
- Ability to take decision and/or escalate when appropriate.
- Able to deliver results and meet objectives within a defined timeframe
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.